Deleting password vault doesn't delete?

Options
I changed password on bank account online so need to change in password vault. To do this I'm instructed to delete he current vault and re-enter the new accounts/passwords. I did that. But it didn't really delete the vault because when I select Set up New Vault it pulls in the list of accounts that were in the vault that I supposedly deleted. I go ahead and create the "new" password vault and put in the new password for my account. When I do Update I get error message that account information was not downloaded, as if the password it is using is the old password and not the new one. Bottom line, how can I really delete the password vault?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You did delete the Password Vault but it should not be necessary to delete the Password Vault when you modify a financial institution's account password.  

To modify a financial institution's account password maintained in the Password Vault, select Tools > Password Vault > Add or Edit Passwords..., the account, and Change Password.  

If the financial institution's account password is not maintained in the Password Vault, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution's account.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution's, when you setup the Online Services of one of the registers using the new password, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts and allow you to link them to the existing registers.
  • gertn
    gertn Member
    Options
    I had to delete the password vault because it didn’t allow me to change passwords or logins because of the express web connect settings. After deleting the password vault I get the option to create new password vault. The problem is when it asks for the login for the account it automatically brings up the old login and there is no option to enter a new login for that account. Therefore, it doesn’t appear that it actually deletes the old password vault.

Also if I try to update independent of the password vault, it brings up the account as it was listed in the vault; again, doesn’t allow me to change the account login/password.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gertn said:
    I had to delete the password vault because it didn’t allow me to change passwords or logins because of the express web connect settings. After deleting the password vault I get the option to create new password vault. The problem is when it asks for the login for the account it automatically brings up the old login and there is no option to enter a new login for that account. Therefore, it doesn’t appear that it actually deletes the old password vault.

Also if I try to update independent of the password vault, it brings up the account as it was listed in the vault; again, doesn’t allow me to change the account login/password.
    Again, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution's account.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution's, when you setup the Online Services of one of the registers using the new password, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts and allow you to link them to the existing registers.
This discussion has been closed.