RMD record keeping

Options
I want to see RMD data (income, Fed tax withholding) in standard Quicken reports. Seems there should be a ".RMD" file on my computer somewhere, but I can't find it. (1) How can I find it? (2) How do I input data in Quicken? (3) Will Fed W/H show up in standard Tax reports?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An RMD is recorded as a transfer from your retirement account to a non-retirement account.
    Edit, in the non-retirement account, the amount to reflect only the amount actually received (Net) as the deposit amount and then Split the transaction to show the Gross amount of the transfer as a positive number, and any deductions (such as Taxes withheld) as negative amounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dalec
    dalec Member
    Options
    How does it reflect on a report  I see the transaction and have recorded it properly  But how do you get it to show on a report

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dalec Which report are you interested in?  And, MANY of Q's reports have the ability to show the contents of a split transaction.
    NOTE, however, that this would need to be a banking type report, as the split didn't occur in the retirement account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    You would also need to enter the Split with some Categories assigned for each line, ... just like you would expect to see on a Payroll stub - else the splits become lost.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to see RMD data (income, Fed tax withholding) in standard Quicken reports. Seems there should be a ".RMD" file on my computer somewhere, but I can't find it. (1) How can I find it? (2) How do I input data in Quicken? (3) Will Fed W/H show up in standard Tax reports?
    BTW - there is only 1 file for Quicken - your Quicken Data File - QDF -
    Everything is stored in that single file.... all data, reports, settings, etc.
    1 - your QDF file should be in your /Documents/Quicken/ folder. 
    There should also be a /BACKUP/ folder that will contain auto backups
    2 - You can enter data into Quicken via downloads and One Step Update.
    Also, you can enter transactions manually....
    You setup Accounts to mimic what you have in the real world.
    3 - When enterring data, you need to make sure that each transaction has an assigned "Category" which will in turn be reflected in any Reports.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are a few other RMD threads from years past -
    here is one with suggested actions  -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.