UMB HSA changed their website

Windows 10; Quicken Deluxe:2020/R30.21/27.1.30.21

Within the last week or so UMB changed their website and the new URL hsa.umb.com appears to be setup for investor accounts, not HSA or at least I can't login via Quicken but I can via browser. When I go to the website's old URL I get the following banner:

We have retired our old version of Online Banking.
For UMB Bank customers:
Please contact us at 800-699-8702 to get enrolled for the new digital banking experience.

Access Help >>https://www.umb.com/online-banking-help

For UMB Healthcare only customers:
Please go to the Healthcare Log In page for access to your HSA Information.

Access Now >>https://hsa.umb.com

Answers

• JerryC
    JerryC Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. While it doesn't seem to be allowing me to set up my HSA account in quicken for download, I can download the transactions from the hsa.umb site. It almost works. It downloads trasand sets up the account link in quicken, but it links it the account to www.umb.com and won't let you download.
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    > @JerryC said:
    > I have the same issue. While it doesn't seem to be allowing me to set up my HSA account in quicken for download, I can download the transactions from the hsa.umb site. It almost works. It downloads trasand sets up the account link in quicken, but it links it the account to www.umb.com and won't let you download.

Good to know it's not just me!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Let me say that for investment accounts Quicken only supports using direct connect which uses a separate OFX server at the financial institution.

So the changing of the website is not directly connected to what's going on here.  of course the financial institution could have changed other things in the background that broke things.  For instance changing the financial institution name and URL that's supposed to connect to.  And that might not have been communicated to Quicken.  And since this is a direct connection between Quicken and the financial institution your best resource might be to just contact the financial institution and ask them about it.

Another possibility is that the information has yet to be synced too Quicken and therefore you might need to look at other posts that tell how to refresh the financial institution information.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JerryC
    JerryC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I still think that HSA.UMB.COM and UMB.com is an issue since the logins are different. also, after downloading the QFX file , letting it set up the connection, if you do an update now, it takes you to the old UMB then prompts you to choose between the new UMB site and the new HSA UMB site to log in. it does not download
    ------------------------------------------------------
    We have retired our old version of Online Banking.
    For UMB Bank customers:
    Please contact us at 800-699-8702 to get enrolled for the new digital banking experience.

Access Help >>
    For UMB Healthcare only customers:
    Please go to the Healthcare Log In page for access to your HSA Information.

Access Now >> (this takes you to the login for your HSA account)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

UMB did change their website this week.
    Quicken also changed the way the uploads were handled within the last week as well.

I'd recommend getting on a chat with UMB.
    I've had my HSA account set up in Qw for at least 8 years. UMB does have connection issues now and then.
    Lois did say it was done only for my account. we'll see tomorrow if that did the trick. they also said they are aware that Quicken doesn't always like their security questions. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

UMB chat:

Lois03:00 PM
    I have adjusted the access for all Windows programs for Quicken. It should let you in now, but I do recommend you allow it to reset overnight
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    Okay, isn't this how we tell Quicken that they need to look into this change in UMB's HSA URL?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, isn't this how we tell Quicken that they need to look into this change in UMB's HSA URL?
    This certainly one way, nothing wrong there.
    The other ways are: Help -> Report a problem, and to contact Quicken Support.
    Contacting Quicken support is probably the best way since the can make sure that is what the problem is and not something else that they can help fix right away.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JerryC
    JerryC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Senergy123
    when on the chat with UMB, what ever Lois set was for me only.
    I was able to connect within the last 10 minutes. I selected UMB bank for the setup and it created a direct connect linkage.

First I would try again, just to see if the issue is corrected for all.
    If not, use the UMB online chat, explain you issue.

-------------------------------
    here's the gist of what was done
    -------------------------------
    Lois03:00 PM
    I have adjusted the access for all Windows programs for Quicken. It should let you in now, but I do recommend you allow it to reset overnight

Arthur03:02 PM
    will it work for anyone?
    Lois03:06 PM
    For you
    Lois03:07 PM
    I cannot speak for anyone else
    -----------------------------------------------------

UPATE: it looks like it may have been on Quicken's side. I have 3 other CC seem to have had their issues corrected as well. (NOTE: they had different issues)
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    I just tried again this morning and still getting CC-508 when I use UMB Bank (www.umb.com) and CC-503 when I use UMB Bank - Investor Login (hsa.umb.com) There was an update so now I am at Quicken Deluxe:2020/R31.5/27.1.31.5 but no relief.
  • JerryC
    JerryC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Senergy123

During setup, don’t use investing. Use the first option umb.com
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    None of the above works for me.
  • JerryC
    JerryC Member ✭✭
    Did you deactivate the account first? If you did, get UMB on chat. After going through what was going on, the tech told me that he “adjusted the access f all Windows programs for quicken “
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    Can select, UMB Bank - HSA, to connect now via Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.