Incorrect Values for Vanguard High Yield Corporate (VWEHX)

Options
Every night I download my transactions, and when I download the latest prices for Vanguard's High Yield Corporate fund (VWEHX), it comes back around $232 a share when it should actually be around $5.98. I have checked under Edit Security Details to confirm that the ticker symbol is VWEHX, I have then looked it up and updated it, and it still shows the wrong value. I can manually change it in Investing - Portfolio, but that does not seem like a long term solution.

My net worth looks a lot better, but it is not accurate.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @abradrichardson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have gone ahead and added this security to my file and I see the correct price as expected.

I would navigate to Tools > Security List > VWEHX then select "More" do you see this incorrect price listed here? 

If so, I would remove the incorrect price history and then choose "Update" from the window shown above and see if the replaces the price history.

Please let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • abradrichardson
    Options
    It looks like the system gets it right some of the time then it jumps up to this incorrect amount, as it did this morning.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @abradrichardson

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would recommend saving a backup running the Validate & Repair tool on the original data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the bottom box to "Correct Investing Price History" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.