Reauthorize accounts with CapitalOne Bank

Almost every time I attempt to update an account, I am required to reauthorize it with CapitalOne. Is this a known issue with CapitalOne Bank?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @crs1416

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like you're having the two factor authentication each time you try downloading or are you having to put in your password each time? How long has this issue been happening?  How many accounts do you have with capitalize? Has this issue happened prior as well? 

Depending what we're able to find out we'll see what our best option is. Once you get the chance just let us know and we'll take a look

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• crs1416
    crs1416 Member
    Thanks for the reply. I have been experiencing this issue for a couple weeks. This morning my checking account updated without having to reauthorize it, my credit card account did not. Interestingly when I accept the downloaded entries into the register, either nothing happens or each download changes to "new" and the original entries with attachments are deleted from the register; nothing happened with today's downloaded entries. I reinstalled the Quicken software a few days ago but this issue continues. A McAfee virus scan was clean.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @crs1416

Thank you for providing that additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Capital One has multiple listings in Quicken and some Users have experienced the re-authorize message if their account has been connected using the incorrect Capital One option in Quicken.

May I ask, if you go to the Tools menu > Account List, what Financial Institution name is listed for each account you hold with Capital One?

Typically a checking accounts are set-up under the Capital One 360 option, where credit card accounts are set-up under the Capital One Card - Current or Capital One Card Services options.

Please let us know how your accounts are set up.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.