I want to upgrade from Deluxe to Home and Business. Will my accounts automatically transfer?

Options
If I upgrade from Deluxe to Home & Business, will my personal accounts automatically transfer to new version?

Best Answers

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    All accounts, persona; and business, will be available in Deluxe.
    Business accounts will convert to asset or liability accounts.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If I upgrade from Deluxe to Home & Business, will my personal accounts automatically transfer to new version?

Yes. You can keep using the same Quicken data file you have used with the Deluxe edition.
    BTW, there's no need to purchase new software and/or reinstall Quicken if you currently use the up-to-date Quicken Subscription (2020) Deluxe edition. Just logon to your account at quicken.com, select "Change Plan" and complete the upgrade procedure.
    Next time you start Quicken, your already installed software should have the HB&R feature enabled. Check by selecting Help / About Quicken.

Answers

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    All accounts, persona; and business, will be available in Deluxe.
    Business accounts will convert to asset or liability accounts.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes. You can keep using the same Quicken data file you have used with the Deluxe edition.
    BTW, there's no need to purchase new software and/or reinstall Quicken if you currently use the up-to-date Quicken Subscription (2020) Deluxe edition. Just logon to your account at quicken.com, select "Change Plan" and complete the upgrade procedure.
    Next time you start Quicken, your already installed software should have the HB&R feature enabled. Check by selecting Help / About Quicken.
  • skierchick65
    Options
    UKR said:

What if I have Deluxe 2018 online subscription? I just changed my plan, do I need to now download the Home and Business, and if so, how do I transfer file from Deluxe to the upgraded version?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you have kept up with your subscription and renewed every year, 2018 -> 19 -> 20, there's no need to re-download and reinstall the software. You already have the complete software on your computer. It's the subscription plan in effect which tells your computer which features of Quicken to enable.
    As to your data file, after you have restarted Quicken and seen your new H&B features enabled, keep using the same file you did with Deluxe. No conversion needed.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if I have Deluxe 2018 online subscription? I just changed my plan, do I need to now download the Home and Business, and if so, how do I transfer file from Deluxe to the upgraded version?
    Hi @"skierchick65 ,

Under Help, click Check Membership Status. You do not need to reinstall the product.

You may have Deluxe 2018 online subscription, but click Help / About Quicken to find what exactly is installed. The latest is R30.21 or R30.5 on Stage Release.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing to understand is there is only one "Quicken program".
    It is the subscription license that tells Quicken what features to show you.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • skierchick65
    Options
    I'm confused.. why is am I still seeing the Deluxe version after I upgraded to the Business and Home version? 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm confused.. why is am I still seeing the Deluxe version after I upgraded to the Business and Home version? 
    Try this.
    Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Sign in as a different user

Sign out and back in with the same account.  Hopefully it will pick up the new subscription information.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • skierchick65
    Options
    got it, thanks
This discussion has been closed.