Why does my retail activation code not extend my membership?

Options
Based on this FAQ response, I bought a retail activation code from Costco.com, hoping to renew before the expiration of my subscription on February 21:

“Activating a retail purchase

“Can I use a retail copy of the Subscription Release of Quicken to extend my membership?

“Yes, but you can only redeem the activation code in the retail copy to extend your subscription in the last six months of your current subscription term. Note: Activation codes expire 24 months after being generated.”

My activation code arrived by email and I immediately pasted it into the appropriate field in the Help menu. The green checkmark suggested to me that Qucken accepted the code.

When I exited the program and ran it again, however, I got the same renewal warning at the top of the check register that I received before I tried to use the activation code. My account page confirms that my subscription did not extend.

Calling Quicken telephone support is pointless unless you have more than half an hour to sit on hold. I abandoned after 30 minutes as I needed to be somewhere.

Does anyone have advice that will help me to get this renewal process? Thanks for your assistance.

Best Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is the Activation Window for Quicken.
    You wrote:
    "My activation code arrived by email and I immediately pasted it into the appropriate field in the Help menu. The green checkmark suggested to me that Qucken accepted the code.

When I exited the program and ran it again, however, I got the same renewal warning at the top of the check register that I received before I tried to use the activation code. My account page confirms that my subscription did not extend."

If you entered the correct Activation Code and exited Quicken, you failed to click on Activate Membership. You need to click Activate Membership.

After you click Activate Membership, use you Browser and go to: https://www.quicken.com/ Click the 3 Horizontal Lines. Next to Sign in, click the plus sign and click My Account and then Sign in and check your Membership there.

Questions?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Mike Rubin
    Mike Rubin Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    > @thecreator said:
    > Hi @""Mike Rubin" ,
    >
    >
    > This is the Activation Window for Quicken.You wrote:"My activation code arrived by email and I immediately pasted it into the
    > appropriate field in the Help menu. The green checkmark suggested to me
    > that Qucken accepted the code.
    >
    >
    >
    > When I exited the program and ran it again, however, I got the same
    > renewal warning at the top of the check register that I received before I
    > tried to use the activation code. My account page confirms that my
    > subscription did not extend."
    > If you entered the correct Activation Code and exited Quicken, you failed to click on Activate Membership. You need to click Activate Membership.
    > After you click Activate Membership, use you Browser and go to: https://www.quicken.com/ Click the 3 Horizontal Lines. Next to Sign in, click the plus sign and click My Account and then Sign in and check your Membership there.
    > Questions?

Well, that’s embarrassing. It is self-evident that one has to click on “activate” and I would have bet everything in my wallet that I had done so each time I inserted the code. Clearly, however, I either failed to do so or it didn’t take. I just clicked on that button and, sure enough, I have a new expiration date. Thank you very much for this tip!

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you reset the Quicken ID associated with your Quicken file:
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes
    5. Select Sign Out
    6. Sign in with your Quicken ID
  • Mike Rubin
    Mike Rubin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Sherlock. That did not work. Same renewal message.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is the Activation Window for Quicken.
    You wrote:
    "My activation code arrived by email and I immediately pasted it into the appropriate field in the Help menu. The green checkmark suggested to me that Qucken accepted the code.

When I exited the program and ran it again, however, I got the same renewal warning at the top of the check register that I received before I tried to use the activation code. My account page confirms that my subscription did not extend."

If you entered the correct Activation Code and exited Quicken, you failed to click on Activate Membership. You need to click Activate Membership.

After you click Activate Membership, use you Browser and go to: https://www.quicken.com/ Click the 3 Horizontal Lines. Next to Sign in, click the plus sign and click My Account and then Sign in and check your Membership there.

Questions?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Mike Rubin
    Mike Rubin Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    > @thecreator said:
    > Hi @""Mike Rubin" ,
    >
    >
    > This is the Activation Window for Quicken.You wrote:"My activation code arrived by email and I immediately pasted it into the
    > appropriate field in the Help menu. The green checkmark suggested to me
    > that Qucken accepted the code.
    >
    >
    >
    > When I exited the program and ran it again, however, I got the same
    > renewal warning at the top of the check register that I received before I
    > tried to use the activation code. My account page confirms that my
    > subscription did not extend."
    > If you entered the correct Activation Code and exited Quicken, you failed to click on Activate Membership. You need to click Activate Membership.
    > After you click Activate Membership, use you Browser and go to: https://www.quicken.com/ Click the 3 Horizontal Lines. Next to Sign in, click the plus sign and click My Account and then Sign in and check your Membership there.
    > Questions?

Well, that’s embarrassing. It is self-evident that one has to click on “activate” and I would have bet everything in my wallet that I had done so each time I inserted the code. Clearly, however, I either failed to do so or it didn’t take. I just clicked on that button and, sure enough, I have a new expiration date. Thank you very much for this tip!
This discussion has been closed.