Is there a way to rename payees after transactions are downloaded?

I download transactions from a credit union. The payee in the transaction is "Dividend" not the name of the credit union. I've created a renaming rule for future transactions, but is there a way to update the payee in previously downloaded transactions? A tool similar to the recategorization tool.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    There are multiple ways to do this.
    One go to the register and type Ctrl+H (Edit -> Find and Replace), select to find the payee, and enter it, and select find.  From there you can use the replace to change the transactions.

Another way is to type in the payee name in the search box in the register.
    That will filter the transactions down to just those transactions.
    The select the first transaction, and hold down the shift key and right click the last transaction.  This will select the transactions and bring up the context menu where you can select to edit the transactions.  From there it is the same as with Ctrl+H.

It is also possible to run a report filtering to what you need and do multiple select on the transactions and right click to renaming the payee.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    Wow! That was a quick response. I used your first suggestion, and it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!