Release R31.6 Patch Causing Issues - "...Quicken components currently open..." [QFX]

Options

Answers

• Edward Houston
    Options
    > @"Edward Houston" said:
    > I tried the "uninstall - QcleanUi - reinstall" with a fresh download of the Quicken install program. Everything appeared to go smoothly
    >
    > Until
    >
    > I tried to start the program
    >
    > Now I get "Unable to initialize Quicken run-time components. Restart Windows and try running Quicken again."
    >
    > I did restart Windows but get the same error message.
    >
    > I am out of options.....
    >

It seems I was not completely out of options. I downloaded the "mondo" patch and installed it. That got me back to 31.1.5. I can now open Quicken and and successfully download and process QFX files from my bank (Wells Fargo - but I doubt it matter which bank).

Quicken is offering to in stall the patch for 31.1.6, but I have thus far refused to accept it.

So, if you go the "uninstall -QcleanUI- reinstall"route be sure to apply the "mondo patch" as well.
  • RFG
    RFG Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is not quite Greek to some of us, but over my head anyway. I don't want to poke around. I can't even find QFX and QFM files easily. This has to be the average user's situation. I haven't seen anything concrete from Quicken, and If I hadn't logged in here I wouldn't have known they are aware of the problem. I was charged my annual fee this month, and now my program is non-functional. I'm approaching anger.
  • craigneal
    craigneal Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am receiving the same error message and I on

Year: 2020
    Version: 31.5
    Build: 27.1.31.5

I was downloading PNC Bank and Synchrony Bank's BP Visa Card
  • RFG
    RFG Member ✭✭
    Options
    How may I receive personal support? Or detailed step by step instructions for PC/Windows users, with graphs and minimum jargon?
  • Bonvant
    Bonvant Member
    Options
    I would like to help on a call with your engineering team. I am currently facing the issue in R31.6 [Build: 27.1.31.6] and have not applied the work around. Please let me know.
  • djn60
    djn60 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Has this bug been fixed? If not, when can we expect to see a fix and will it be an update to the current version? Please let us Quicken users know what we can expect. Thank you.
  • dnfinance
    dnfinance Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I ask that Quicken's programmer management recognize the harm caused by the rapid fire issuance of program changes. Quicken users' time is valuable and the problems created by inadequate beta testing has caused significant wasted time for those users.

The problem with downloading Vanguard accounts, which was created in the spring of 2020, is still unresolved. Note that testing has demonstrated the change was at Quicken not Vanguard.

Please test, test and retest before releasing program changes.
  • mom2jjz
    mom2jjz Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I saw there was a work around to this but I don't feel comfortable uninstalling Quicken and correcting the issue myself. If you need to use my account to troubleshoot the cause, I am available today.
  • andyross1
    andyross1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I think Quicken halted the automatic updates to 31.x. On my backup computer, when I ran Quicken, it did not update, even when I tried to do a 'check for updates'. It's at R30.21, build 27.1.30.21.
  • mom2jjz
    mom2jjz Member
    Options
    I made a comment earlier that I was not comfortable uninstalling Quicken but I uninstalled Quicken and then uploaded Quicken and the issues is resolved!!!
  • RFG
    RFG Member ✭✭
    Options
    Did you uninstall in Windows using the native uninstaller in the Apps settings? And to reinstall did you download from Quicken and simply install it?

There has been talk of running another program after uninstalling, and also using some other patch that I don't recall. I share your discomfort, but you seemed to have worked it out!
  • Rich G
    Rich G Member
    Options
    Web connect failed to import. Workaround - Save QFX file from my institution (SDCCU) and import seems to work.
  • Rick31
    Rick31 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have version 30.21 (January, 2021) and have the same issue with WebConnect
    QFX downloads. Even separate downloads cause the Windows error/install box to pop up. Happens on my bank accounts and credit cards.
  • TLump
    TLump Member
    Options
    from what I see the .QFX import appears to be across the board, however, my About Quicken shows Quicken - Deluxe / 2020 / R30.21 / 27.1.30.21
  • pkbauer
    pkbauer Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any fix yet and would be happy to talk to someone in Quicken about this issue. I'm available now and most of the rest of the day, and a good chunk of tomorrow. Actually, I'm kind of stuck at home, ala covfefe 45, so pretty much available almost any time. Call me.
  • mw1862
    mw1862 Member
    Options
    I have been experiencing this issue also since the R31.6 update. Although I have downloaded the Mondo Patch Update mentioned, I think I will wait a few days to see if Quicken fixes this issue before I start trying to fix it myself. In the future I will not install updates immediately.
  • epoorones
    epoorones Member
    Options
    I am having the problem and I do not want to uninstall and reinstall on my own.
  • JetBird
    JetBird Member
    Options
    Hi, I have Quicken Deluxe version 27.1.31.6. Quicken did an update this week & now I am not able to access Quicken, except for an old version last accessed in 2014. I have not done any of the work arounds or uninstalled Quicken. I have taken snap shots of the error messages I have received in case that is of help. I have not used the online features in Quicken, just using on my home system to track expenses & income for tax purposes. Thanks for working on this diligently, it is much appreciated!
  • Andy Gerber
    Andy Gerber Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @ps56k said:
    > yeah... why are you manually downloading a file
    > vs using One Step Update and downloading directly into Quicken ?

Because "one step update" hasn't worked for me with Capital One in years, and the "solution" offered by Quicken Support was to blow away my Quicken file and start from scratch.
  • johnaclark6
    johnaclark6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Count me as another one. Unable to download transactions directly from my bank website. I get the same installer prompts and subsequent errors. Yes, saving to a file and importing manually works for me. No, I don't feel like uninstalling, cleaning, and reinstalling. My luck, something will go awry and I won't even have Quicken installed and running after that.

Not sure why it has to be asked, "Why are you downloading transactions that way?" What does it matter? It worked before and now is broken. It's like when you go to the doctor and say "it hurts when I do this" and he just says, "well, don't do that." It's no help.

For the record, my bank (SunTrust) charges $5/mo (or maybe $10, can't recall) just for luxury of being able to use Web Connect. I'd LOVE to download transactions via Web Connect but I'm not spending $60-120/year just for that feature from my bank. It's the one account out of multiple accounts that I have to download manually.

Caution, Rant: This forced paid subscription just to be able to do this very thing really rubs me the wrong way in the first place. Now, with all the money paid in subscriptions they can't even write the software correctly. I had a working piece of software until all the forced updates and subscriptions. /Rant
  • aukburgs
    aukburgs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Is it time to ask for a refund?
  • dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have been unable to directly download from PNC for 2 months. Workaround was to go to website and download from there. This is now broken but luckily I can manually import QFX file. Please don't break that. Downloading transactions is a key feature, so please quit breaking it Without it, I have no reason to purchase your software. If you still need volunteers, feel free to contact me.
  • muhendu
    muhendu Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing same issues when downloading QXF from Bank of America and Chase. Quicken is 2020 Version: R31.5 Build: 27.1.31.5.
  • howmoon
    howmoon Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can help...
  • RA Forster
    Options
    Experiencing the same issue since January 22, 2020 when attempting to download via Web Connect from Navy Federal Credit Union and other financial institutions that still require manual download. Quicken is Home, Business & Rental v 30.21 Build 27.1.30.21. I count at least 45 users reporting this issue on Community Forums and that we have attention of at least one Quicken employee. May I ask when can we expect a resolution to this problem? thank you.
  • uuyankee
    uuyankee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    You can call me.[Removed-Privacy]. When I double click downloaded QFX, it starts an installation/update process.
  • S Hurtado de Mendoza
    Options
    Whenever I try to download transactions from my bank or other credit cards onto Quicken, I get the following message:
    "Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install."
    This has been going on since Jan. 22. Today is the 25, and still no solution.
    Contact me if you wish.
  • andyross1
    andyross1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    There is a fix:
    Reboot your computer
    Go to https://www.quicken.com/my-account
    Go to "Download for Windows" and save the file
    Make sure Quicken has been closed
    Run the downloaded program to reinstall Quicken
  • aukburgs
    aukburgs Member ✭✭
    Options
    I got a message from Kathryn that a patch has been released (R31.7) but my check for updates button still says that R31.6 is the latest version.
  • Bonvant
    Bonvant Member
    Options
    Me too. Quicken not seeing the patch either when reopening the software nor manually through the Help/Update option...
This discussion has been closed.