Release R31.6 Patch Causing Issues - "...Quicken components currently open..." [QFX]

Options

Answers

• DocT
    DocT Member
    Options
    Same issue. I'm on Quicken-Premier subscription version R31.6, build 27.1.31.6. This problem of not opening the downloaded file from my credit union just began after the 31.6upgrade was applied.
  • sandy.wood
    sandy.wood Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Quicken Sarah" said:
    > Hello @TangledWeb
    >
    > Thank you for reporting this behavior to the community.  I also received the same error message when attempting to access the Lifetime Planner > Change Assumptions button and have reported it to the team.
    >
    > In the meantime, performing a full uninstall and reinstall, using the QCleanUI process available here, should resolve the error for you, but please let us know how it goes.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Sarah

Thanks for the info on my issue. I was able to get by with importing the .QFX file for now. Will the upcoming fix allow me to update my current installation so I don't have to uninstall and reinstall?
  • LDBERGER44
    LDBERGER44 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had the issue with R31.5 (not R31.6) and I was not using "Lifetime Planner." I was just trying to export a *.qfx file from my bank. And I did use the workaround successfully, i.e. I went to Quicken and instead of exporting the *.qfx file to Quicken, I imported the *.qfx file from within Quicken. I do a file import like this almost every day, including yesterday (Jan. 22) and had no problem until this morning,
  • LDBERGER44
    LDBERGER44 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also I see that another member was also having the issue (as I was) when trying to export from PNC Bank. Like him, I also got messages telling me to reinstall Quicken which I did not do because there was no reason to do that. Only difference is that I am on R31.5 and he is on R31.6. When I discovered the workaround, I used that, and it worked.
  • MJGarry
    MJGarry Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm also having the same issue with union bank and Synchrony MC with Sam's Club.
  • Camilla Los
    Camilla Los Member ✭✭
    Options
    Add me to the list! I did manage to resolve the issue of trying to use on a network resource that is unavailable by loading my quicken disk and following the prompts. I was able to open Quicken and restore from my backup. I have my data, but, no means to download from my brokerage account. There is no option on the home screen to update. I tried to follow the work around, but, had no idea what I was doing - so I did not try to complete the process.

Problem started after downloading the R31.6 update. Glad I always do a backup of my file before I install an update.
  • malonzo2
    malonzo2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Trying to download latest transactions to Quicken. Get this error message:
    There are Quicken components currently open, and can not be uninstalled. Please close Quicken and try uninstalling again.
    I closed down and logged out of Quicken and shut down and turned my computer back on and still get this message.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note your data file(s) have not been damaged by this problem.

You can open them if you first start Quicken and it should open the last data file you had opened.  If that isn't the data file you want to open use File and select the file name from the bottom of the menu or use Open Quicken File...

For importing QFX files save them to somewhere like your Desktop and then use:
    File -> File Import -> Web Connect (.QFX) File....
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @malonzo2

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd. Is this only with capital one?  Are any of your other accounts having difficulty updating as well? What version of Quicken are you running? You can check by going across the top to help > About Quicken. If you wouldn't mind could you take a screenshot of the error during an update as well. This will give us a little bit more information.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note you may need to drag the photo into the response window in order to add it into the program. 

Once you get a chance let us know some more details and we'll see what we can find.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Dmmandel
    Dmmandel Member
    Options
    R 31.6 Build 27.1.31.6 My error states "Please wait while Windows configures Quicken" and then second error box "There are Quicken Components currently open, and cannot be uninstalled. Please close Quicken, and try uninstalling again." I took the shortcut suggested in the forum - I saved the file from my bank and manually imported it. It worked just fine and was probably much faster than uninstalling a re-installing. If this is a new message- similar to but not the same as the others above - I can work with you.
  • CrankyGuy
    CrankyGuy Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm getting the same error today clicking on a QFX to import. I'm still on R30.21 ( 27.1.30.21 ). Last time it worked was last weekend. No idea how anything changed since then. I was prompted a couple days ago to install R30.5 but I declined. Maybe that did it? The menu File/Import workaround works for me.
  • malonzo2
    malonzo2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken subscription Year 2020 Version R31.6 Build 27.1.31.6
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just so people know.  Currently you can't trust Help -> About Quicken to give you the correct version number you are running.

It seems that the R31.6 install is running, but somehow fails for some people and leaves these problems that people are encountering, and also doesn't update the version number.

Note that the R31.6 install could be installed automatically at start up and you might not notice it.  BTW I recommend that you change your Windows UAC settings to notify you for "when a program wants to change your machine".  Then Windows will prompt on any installs.
    Signature:
  • whoppe
    whoppe Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Quicken SangeethaS" said:
    > Hi there, We are trying to debug this issue. It would help if some one can get on a call with our engineering team. We are looking for someone who is currently facing the issue in R31.6. We are looking for someone who hasn't applied the suggested work around yet. Please let us know if you can work with us. Thanks.

I am experiencing the problem and have not applied the fix (uninstall/reinstall) if you still need someone to work with. It has happened to me today both with Target and CapitalOne.
  • Smoky
    Smoky Member
    Options
    I still have the problem using 2020 Starter edition BUT the workaround using File > Import > Web Connect (QFX) File from inside the Quicken program does a beautiful job of solving the issue at least for now. Works great! Let us know when the problem gets fixed with an update!
  • CrankyGuy
    CrankyGuy Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have always had UAC turned set to "Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer". I remember when I got prompted to install R31.5 ( or whatever it was at the time ) I declined because I wanted to see what was in it first.

Curiously, when I go to Windows App & Features it shows Quicken installed 27.1.30.21 ( R30.21 ) on 1/18/2020.
  • Edward Houston
    Options
    I tried the "uninstall - QcleanUi - reinstall" with a fresh download of the Quicken install program. Everything appeared to go smoothly

Until

I tried to start the program

Now I get "Unable to initialize Quicken run-time components. Restart Windows and try running Quicken again."

I did restart Windows but get the same error message.

I am out of options.....
  • RCWildcat71
    RCWildcat71 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The work around did not work for me importing from Capital One
  • George Ruch
    Options
    I'm seeing this problem with Quicken Deluxe (subscription) build 27.1.31.5 with Chase, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo (all via direct QFX import). I've also confirmed that the File | Import | WebConnect process works properly.

So, is there a fix imminent, and will it involve major surgery (the uninstall / CleanUI process)? Let's hope not (fingers and toes crossed).
  • whoppe
    whoppe Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @RCWildcat71 said:
    > The work around did not work for me importing from Capital One

I was able to download transactions from Capital One, choosing QFX Quicken, then in Quicken: File, File Import, Quicken Transfer Format (.QFX) worked for me.
  • Miche1e
    Miche1e Member
    Options
    I am having this problem and am willing to be a quinea pig. Version R31.5 Build 27.1.31.5
  • markmcohen@
    markmcohen@ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I have this issue since Version R31.6, Build 27.1.31.6 when clicking on QDATA.QDF. Opening the program directly is not a problem.
    I would be happy to work with you.
    Mark

• RFG
    RFG Member ✭✭
    Options
    Please issue a progress report for eliminating this bug that shuts your customers out of the institutions they do business with! I've used Quicken for 3 decades, and this is really a hot mess. I have the subscription version. We need something that doesn't require a software engineer to install, i.e., a downloadable self-installing fix to reverse the damage the previous Quicken 'update' caused. Thank you.
  • FeliciaZF
    FeliciaZF Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I will give it a shot.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RFG said:
    Please issue a progress report for eliminating this bug that shuts your customers out of the institutions they do business with! I've used Quicken for 3 decades, and this is really a hot mess. I have the subscription version. We need something that doesn't require a software engineer to install, i.e., a downloadable self-installing fix to reverse the damage the previous Quicken 'update' caused. Thank you.
    The workarounds are simple:
    If your problem is opening a QDF file, start Quicken first and open it from there.
    If your problem is opening a QFX file, save it to disk and import it using Quicken's import menu: File -> File Import -> Web Connect (.QFX) File...
    Signature:
  • kendavison
    Options
    I get the problem pictured above when I try to export credit card transactions from PNC. I do not know how to make the work-around work. The work-around asks for a file name which I don't know, I guess. I've also lost the ability to back up to disc.
  • RFG
    RFG Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here's a message I get when I open Quicken: I have a 5TB external drive largely for music but do backup Quicken on it in case my C: drive fails. My operating Quicken program and data files are on my C: drive. Even if they were on the external D: drive plugged into my laptop, why would it be an issue?

I've tried the workaround you outline here. I start import from Quicken, but it can't find my active files. See attached Quicken alert. Thanks.

I want a fix. I am not a computer hobbyist. It's a tool for me.
  • Michael Cohen
    Michael Cohen Member ✭✭
    Options
    All file associations between quicken QDF files are destroyed in R31.6. Clicking on file results in windows explorer trying to install quicken. However if one opens quicken directly and then opens file, all works fine. I could uninstall clean and reinstall. However, the workaround works fine and writes new QDF files. Unless I hear something here I will not use the workaround. I get error message as reported, Let me know if I can wait to the next release to reinstall valid file associations.
  • Quickmel
    Quickmel Member
    Options
    I have a Quicken Subscription Membership.
    Two patches were installed on my computer (on Jan 22 and Jan 23).
    Since then I am unable to access my data which is stored on my computer.
    I am getting a Fatal Error message -path cannot be found.
  • rich x
    rich x Member ✭✭
    Options
    i am having the same problem with both Capital One and Bank of America. It gets corrupted whenever I try to link my accounts for Downloads. It got so corrupted that all the accounts that were working were deleted from the password vault and kept asking me for passwords and Quicken wouldn't update the passwords back into the password vault or accept the passwords for an update.
This discussion has been closed.