Long time Quicken user has lost sight and is using JAWS screen reader. Are JAWS scripts available?

Long time Quicken user has lost sight and is using JAWS screen reader. Are JAWS scripts available? I have found mention of JAWS scripts being available before when Quicken was part of Intuit, but nothing current. Does Quicken provide support for vision impaired customers?

Best Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I'm afraid no such functionality exists for Quicken. As this program is very complex in screen layout, I doubt you will ever get any kind of reader to assist.
    While not a complete solution, I would offer you should establish all your regular payees that offer direct debit or CC payments to auto pay. This takes the burden of paying off you and on to the providers. You can then use Quicken to monitor activity instead of initiating payments.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I'm sorry to say that Quicken has become less and less compatible with JAWS over time.  Every new view that they have added is even more inaccessible.

I worked quite a long time trying to improve the compatibility in betas and with the couple of long time users that were using JAWS at the time.  I believe both of them have given up on Quicken being compatible with JAWS, at least for any version past the ones they were using.  Those postings about JAWS were either mine or one of those two users.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I'm afraid no such functionality exists for Quicken. As this program is very complex in screen layout, I doubt you will ever get any kind of reader to assist.
    While not a complete solution, I would offer you should establish all your regular payees that offer direct debit or CC payments to auto pay. This takes the burden of paying off you and on to the providers. You can then use Quicken to monitor activity instead of initiating payments.
  • GLoux
    GLoux Member ✭✭
    GeoffG, thank you for your prompt and thoughtful reply. As a landlord, Quicken is being used to manage multiple properties. It is a challenge to keep using Quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I'm sorry to say that Quicken has become less and less compatible with JAWS over time.  Every new view that they have added is even more inaccessible.

I worked quite a long time trying to improve the compatibility in betas and with the couple of long time users that were using JAWS at the time.  I believe both of them have given up on Quicken being compatible with JAWS, at least for any version past the ones they were using.  Those postings about JAWS were either mine or one of those two users.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • GLoux
    GLoux Member ✭✭
    Chris_QPW, thank you for your honest reply. Definitely not what I was hoping for...oh, well...
This discussion has been closed.