I have a current subscription, but, after updating to R31.6 I can't access anything on line .

Camilla Los
Camilla Los Member ✭✭
After downloading the latest update R31.6 I lost any ability to use any feature that required an online connection such as updating my brokerage account or notice of any new software update from the home page. My lifetime planner does not work. I have been following the alert regarding this issue. The solution to close Quicken and reopen that was issued on 1/25/2021 has done nothing to fix the problem. My download version shows R31.6 Build 27.1316 after trying the solution to fix web connect issue. It has not done anything to be able to restore my access to the web.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Camilla Los,

Which "version" or "tier" of Quicken have you subscribed to?  Options are: Starter, Deluxe, Premier or Home, Business & Rental Property.

From the Quicken home page - if you go to "Tools" > "One Step Update" - do you see a list of the Quicken accounts that you have setup for download?  Is the list "complete" or are some (all) missing?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Camilla Los

Have you tried rebooting your computer?  If not, please try that.  Also, can you please tell us where your Quicken datafile is located - i.e. on your hard drive, on Dropbox, OneDrive, USB stick, etc?

Thanks,

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Camilla Los
    Camilla Los Member ✭✭
    Frankx,
    I am using Quicken for Windows on a Windows 10 computer. Quicken is located on my hard drive. I tried rebooting and still no access to the web thru Quicken.
    I have an active subscription. The problem started after I downloaded R31.6. I did a backup to a flash drive prior to downloading the update. The icon for the Quicken file is on my desktop as well as access to my personal named access to the quicken file.

I would normally access Quicken thru my personally named Quicken file. After the update I could not open that file and got a message about the feature you are trying to use is on a network source not available. I clicked OK and followed the instructions to insert my original Quicken Disk. I ended up reloading the Quicken program and restoring my data file from my backup.

I now have my data file back, but, minus the ability to access anything that requires going on line. There is no feature on the home page to update my files or to download an update to the software. No ability to use and feature that requires web access such as lifetime planner.

I had hoped that the 1/25/2021 Alert on how to fix the Web access would fix the problem, but, it did not.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Camilla Los,

Which "version" or "tier" of Quicken have you subscribed to?  Options are: Starter, Deluxe, Premier or Home, Business & Rental Property.

From the Quicken home page - if you go to "Tools" > "One Step Update" - do you see a list of the Quicken accounts that you have setup for download?  Is the list "complete" or are some (all) missing?

Frankx

• Camilla Los
    Camilla Los Member ✭✭
    Frankx,
    Thank you!!! I have Quicken Premier. I followed your instructions to go to Tools>One step update and there was a free update to download called 31.8.

I tried this on my backup Windows 7 computer that is not synced with my Windows 10 computer - just to be safe. I downloaded the "free" update and now my home screen shows the update button. My lifetime planner information is also back. I then proceeded to do the same with Quicken residing on my Windows 10 computer.

All is now right with the world! Thank you, thank you THANK YOU!
This discussion has been closed.