One of my investments will not show up in the investing report regardless of what I do.

Options
The investment shows up correctly in the Security View and I've tried:
- Changing every variable including the Security Type.
- Updating every possible item on the security.
- Running the Validate & Repair multiple times.

I've owned the security (Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity - SCHD) in the past and had no touble. Help!!!

Best Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In the list of things you tried, you didn't include "customizing the report to include the missing security."

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Mugwump said:
    The investment shows up correctly in the Security View
    Mugwump said:
    Nice try. The security shows up in the Portfolio Reports (proving that it exists in Quicken), but NOT on the Investing tab in either the standard Quicken views or my customized view.
    Which is it? First you say it shows up in the views but not in reports and then you say the opposite.
    If you want help, a sarcastic "Nice try" isn't going to get it for you.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In the list of things you tried, you didn't include "customizing the report to include the missing security."

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you verify the security and the relevant transactions are not filtered from the Investing report (open the report and press Alt + C).
  • Mugwump
    Mugwump Member
    Options
    Nice try. The security shows up in the Portfolio Reports (proving that it exists in Quicken), but NOT on the Investing tab in either the standard Quicken views or my customized view.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Mugwump said:  NOT on the Investing tab in either the standard Quicken views or my customized view.
    Hmmm....
    Investing Tab --> Portfolio --> Show [Value] --> Group by [Security] -
    Customize --> Accounts [All] --> Securities [All]

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Mugwump said:
    The investment shows up correctly in the Security View
    Mugwump said:
    Which is it? First you say it shows up in the views but not in reports and then you say the opposite.
    If you want help, a sarcastic "Nice try" isn't going to get it for you.

• Mugwump
    Mugwump Member
    Options
    Way to go Rocket! The security showed up in a blank customized view, which I simply re-customized to my view. Problem solved. Thanks. Should have asked earlier.