Why are some categories missing from Tax Summary report?

Options
???? :#

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Tax Summary report uses the tax line associated with the transaction entries.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    (Edited to make some corrections.  Corrections are in italics.)
    @tholloway - The first thing I would do is open the report Customization (the Gear icon at the top right corner of the report) and make sure all the boxes for all Accounts are checked except for tax deferred and tax exempt accounts and all Categories, all Payees and all Tags are checked.  I would also make sure on the Advanced tab that:
    • Amounts = All
    • Transaction types = All transactions
    • Transfers = Include all
    • Subcategories = Show all
    • Status box:  Not Cleared, Newly Cleared and Reconciled are all checked
    If the categories you are looking for still do not show up, I suggest pulling up the Category List:
    • Look for the missing category
    • Check to see which Tax Line Item is associated with it. 
    • If there is a Tax Line Item associated with it but it is the wrong one, then you can edit the category and on the Tax Reporting tab, select the correct Tax Line Item association (provided it is not a default tax-related category in which case the category and Tax Line items may not be editable).
    • If there is no Tax Line Item associated with it you will need to either change the category to one that does have the correct Tax Line Item association or edit the category and on the Tax Reporting tab select the appropriate Tax Line Item to associate with that category.
    • Repeat this process for any other categories that are missing from the Tax Summary report.
    Once completed the missing transactions should show up in the Tax Summary report.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    make sure all the boxes for all Accounts, Categories, Payees and Tags are checked.  
    With respect to @Boatnmaniac's comment, for a Tax Summary Report the normal setup would be all "non-retirement" Accounts, rather than all Accounts.  IRAs, 401ks, etc. should not normally be included in Tax reports.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    q_lurker said:
    make sure all the boxes for all Accounts, Categories, Payees and Tags are checked.  
    With respect to @Boatnmaniac's comment, for a Tax Summary Report the normal setup would be all "non-retirement" Accounts, rather than all Accounts.  IRAs, 401ks, etc. should not normally be included in Tax reports.
    Duh!  Of course.  Mea culpa!  I've corrected my post above.  Thanks for the catch.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.