Reeds Jewelers Credit Card - Wrong Bank

Options
pghosh97
pghosh97 Member ✭✭
I'm trying to set up a new credit card account for Reeds Jewelers, and when I found it under the financial institutions list, it indicates that Reeds Jewelers is with Comenity Bank, when in fact, it's with Synchrony Bank. There are a number of other merchant credit cards listed with Synchrony, but not Reeds Jewelers. Therefore, I can't set up an online connection for this account. Is it possible to correct this issue?

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    It's not unusual that a retail-branded credit card can be issued by different banks and that might be what you're seeing here with Reeds Jewelers and "Comenity Bank."  Too, I've certainly noticed that not every single credit card issued by Synchrony features the ability to connect to Quicken using "Direct Connect."  (Since it costs a credit card issuer to support Direct Connect I'm sure that they attempt to pass that cost on to the retailer, and some decline.)
    I think the best you might be able to do here is try some of the more generic Synchronys available to you (e.g., Synchrony Mastercard or Synchrony Bank Credit Cards) and see if that works, though I'm doubtful it will.

(And, you did get the appropriate category attached to your post.)

Answers

• pghosh97
    pghosh97 Member ✭✭
    Options
    And sorry, the category selection for online banking was grayed out (as were others) so I couldn't put this question in the correct category!
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    It's not unusual that a retail-branded credit card can be issued by different banks and that might be what you're seeing here with Reeds Jewelers and "Comenity Bank."  Too, I've certainly noticed that not every single credit card issued by Synchrony features the ability to connect to Quicken using "Direct Connect."  (Since it costs a credit card issuer to support Direct Connect I'm sure that they attempt to pass that cost on to the retailer, and some decline.)
    I think the best you might be able to do here is try some of the more generic Synchronys available to you (e.g., Synchrony Mastercard or Synchrony Bank Credit Cards) and see if that works, though I'm doubtful it will.

(And, you did get the appropriate category attached to your post.)
  • pghosh97
    pghosh97 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Tom - I did try Synchrony Bank Credit Cards, and as you suspected, it did not work. Appreciate the prompt response!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

Bottom Line, as far as I can see it:
    If the Reeds Jewelers portfolio of credit cards was bought out by and transferred to Synchrony from Comenity, both banks must work together to notify Intuit of this change.
This discussion has been closed.