My desktop budget does not sync with Quicken mobile?

As of 1/20/2021 my desktop Budget does not sync with Quicken Mobile App (iphone 10 IOS14.3). This functionality has worked in the past. I tried logging out of Mobile App and logging back in again -- same result. PC running W10 pro (OS build 19041.746 -- 8GB Ram -- I5 CPU -- Surface laptop). Error message on mobile device "No budget available"... But there certainly is a budget on the PC -- in fact there are several from years past.

Can someone help me out here? Am I doing something stupid?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Paul Smith2

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Please navigate to Help >About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running. This can help isolate if an issue is related to a particular release.

I would first begin by confirming the correct data file is being used in the mobile. This is the first option under Settings in the mobile app.

You can confirm the data set name in Quicken by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. The file name may differ from the dataset name so it is important to compare the name in the menu to the mobile app.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    Tyka -- Thanks for the quick response

I'm on Quicken Premier 2020 R31.5 .. I think the latest update

The PC budget file is Data set name qdat2020

The mobile is synced to qdat2020 (the only alternative)

I don't see anything here that's out of line....

Paul
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Paul Smith2

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize for the delay in response.

Please try to sign out and sign back into the desktop version.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Once this has been completed, please navigate to the budget on the desktop. Then select the update arrow next to accounts to update/sync to the cloud.

Please let us know if the trouble persists after completing these steps.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    Tyka -- thanks for the input. I followed steps 1-4 ... no problems. I presume this was to make sure that the uploaded information was current with the desktop. I then navigated to the desktop budget. I had trouble identifying the update arrow next to accounts to update/sync to the cloud. I chose the current budget (2021) from the dropdown choices. I chose "annual view". I chose "budget only" view. There was nothing in "manage budget categories" or "Budget Actions" that suggested a trigger to update or sync to the cloud. Sooo .. went back to my mobile Quicken and it was exactly the same, "No budget available". I shut down the mobile Quicken app and restarted. No joy.. trouble persists..
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Paul Smith2

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

If you haven't already, I would try to delete the dataset file completely, the information, and steps to do so are available here

Please note, you may not delete the dataset of the active file, you will need to perform these steps in a separate file. A blank file can be created by navigating to File > New Quicken File...

Once this has been completed, I would then return to the original file and navigate to the Mobile & Web tab and select "Sync Now"

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    Tyka

So there is only one Cloud file associated with my account . If I delete it, will a new one be created the next time I do OSU as instructed in your process?

The most straight forward way to fix this problem would be to fix the Quicken code that allows me to delete any other budget, but fails to delete the infamous "" budget. If I could rename the "" budget and then delete it, that would also make sense. Deleting the Cloud account and then hoping that the problem is fixed seems to me like a shot in the dark. If the data file associated with the cloud account still has the infamous "" budget in it, I don't see how recreating it again will resolve the issue.
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    Tyka (and other developers)

So it's been over a year since I complained about the infamous "" budget that prevents Quicken mobile from properly displaying a working budget. I'm fully aware that going back to a dataset before regular OSU's created the problem budget and then recreating everything that happened since then fixes the problem -- but that's a lot of work depending on how long it has been since the problem crept in. Furthermore, I fully understand how "starting all over" on budgets would do the same thing. The problem with that solution in my case is that it would destroy my historical record because I have many budgets going back to 2007 and the cash flow reports require that historical budget. I'm not willing to abandon all that information.

SO I'M BACK TO ASKING YOU TO FIX THE PROBLEM! GIVE ME A MECHANISM TO DELETE THE PROBLEM "" BUDGET.

Paul
This discussion has been closed.