Quicken Online Subscription (2020) - email mismatch

PMB_0295
PMB_0295 Member ✭✭
Hi - My wife purchased Quicken 2020 annual subscription on her Costco account (associated to her email address. She does not have a QuickenID.

I'm trying to install it on my PC on my QuickenID, but I'm getting the following:

"If you're seeing this screen it's possible your Quicken subscription is linked to another Quicken ID.

Please choose sign out and sign in again with the email address associated with your Quicken purchase."

How can I activate the subscription on my account?

Thanks.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi PMB_0295,

I suggest that you use your wife's email address (used for the purchase) to activate the program.  You can always change the email address to yours once you've got everything setup and running.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frankx said:
    Hi PMB_0295,

I suggest that you use your wife's email address (used for the purchase) to activate the program.  You can always change the email address to yours once you've got everything setup and running.

Frankx
    This might be a bit tricky.

There is in fact now two Quicken Ids.  One attached to the his email and a new one created when with his wife's email address.

Where it is true that you can go into your account and change the email address as you like I don't think you will be able to change your wife's email/Quicken Id to yours for the simple fact that your account already is using that email/Quicken Id.

It seems like a third email would have to be brought in to change one of the accounts over to it, and then change the swap email addresses/Quicken Ids.

It might all be easier to contact Quicken support and have them fix it.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • PMB_0295
    PMB_0295 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I agree that it's a little tricky. I will just give support a ring.

And to reiterate, my wife doesn't have a QuickedID, no not sure if that further complicates things.

Again, thanks.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    PMB_0295 said:
    Thanks for the replies. I agree that it's a little tricky. I will just give support a ring.

And to reiterate, my wife doesn't have a QuickedID, no not sure if that further complicates things.

Again, thanks.
    I think you will find she does have a Quicken Id provided I understand correctly and she purchased it at Quicken.com with her Costco card, because the purchase would have created it.

There is basically two ways to purchase Quicken.  One is through the Quicken site,  and when you do that part of the process is asking what Quicken Id to associate it with.  If you don't connect it to an existing one they are going to take you through creating one.  And that Quicken Id is in the form of the email address.

If you buy through a retailer they give you an activation code.  And if you have that then the way to renew the subscription would be to log into Quicken with your existing Quicken Id and then use: Help -> Enter Activation Code...
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @PMB_0295

In my response above I assumed that your wife did not have a Quicken ID (since you only indicated that she had bought the program at Costco and nothing more).  Since she doesn't have a Quicken ID, I see no downside to simply activating the software with her email address and then changing it back to your address at a later date.

That being said, if you want to use Quicken Support, that should also work.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.