Bypass One-Step Update Settings?

For some time now, pressing the One-Step Update icon brings up the Settings window, necessitating another click to get to the actual update button. This seems to be fairly new behavior. Any way to bypass the Settings window?

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a dialog box with buttons on the bottom for Settings and Update now.  It's been that way for a long time.  There is also a down arrow on that icon for other choices, but I forget if that will give you an update now choice there

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please try this:
    Restart Quicken and start another OSU.
    When you get to the Settings screen, please resolve any selections which require entry, such as click a box to select an action, enter a password, etc.
    When done, click Apply, then click Update Now.
  • No joy. All settings seem to be satisfied...no selections are asking for additional info. Not all selections have the little yellow "key" symbol.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimrperry said:
    For some time now, pressing the One-Step Update icon brings up the Settings window, necessitating another click to get to the actual update button. This seems to be fairly new behavior. Any way to bypass the Settings window?

You did bot include the Quicken Program and its Version and Edition you are running.

You can't get into Settings without first entering the Vault Password. And you haven't include that step.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Quicken Deluxe 2020, R31.8
    Yes, I entered my Vault password first, click Update, then always get the Settings screen. Then I have to click Update again. As I said, this is relatively new behavior.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks.  Actually, I entered the Vault Password. and have two choices. Click Settings or Click Update Now.

If you have nothing checked in Settings, you / I get One Step Update Summary Page, instead.

However, I always check Settings, to see what is checked and getting updated.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    i see the behavior described by the op if I do a OSU after  doing one in the same session.  I believe that may be why he did not mention the password vault as that step does not occur on a second OSU in the same session.  I imagine that is by design on the theory that if you are dong it twice you may want to change a setting.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

This discussion has been closed.