Emails not being sent from - Quicken Home & Business

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Email copy.

Comments

• Jack755
    Jack755 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Email reports via Quicken email server not working in Home and Business 2020.
    Tried CC myself and 2 of my email accounts including Gmail.. Nothing ??
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jack755

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please include the exact error messages you have received as well.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • JoeFa
    JoeFa Member
    Quicken Tyka
    My email service also stopped working - tried sending a receipt - error message is 'unable to send email with attachment - try again later"
    If I uncheck the pdf attachment the error message is "unable to send email. there may be a problem with the mail server or network"
    My mail server is fine - sending out and receiving emails as usual.
  • JoeFa
    JoeFa Member
    Forgot to mention using the latest Quicken subscription
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I attempted to replicate this behavior in my copy of Quicken Windows R28.48, but unfortunately, was not able too.  The email with and without the attachment sent as expected.

Are you still experiencing this error when attempting to email reports/receipts?

If so and you haven't already, I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool (File > File Operations > Validate & Repair).  Once the validation has completed, please close and re-open Quicken and attempt to send the email once more.

Please let us know how it goes, thank you.

Sarah
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I saw another similar thread...
    BTW - unless I am wrong, the current and recent versions of Quicken no longer depend upon the user's own email.....
    Quicken sends the "package" to the Quicken servers, and they in turn email it out. 
    SO... the culprit is the internal Quicken emailers -
    OR - the email sent is being trapped as Spam or invalid in some manner.
    [EDIT] - also updated toic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack755 said:
    Email reports via Quicken email server not working in Home and Business 2020.
    A couple of Q&A -
    Has this worked for you in previous versions - and just now stopped ?
    Or are you just now trying it out for first time ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• JoeFa
    JoeFa Member
    Sarah:
    I used the validate and repair - unfortunately it screwed up some of my data - but fortunately I always back up after every session so I up loaded the backup am good to go. Email did not work with the repaired file but for some damn (excuse the french) reason it starting working with the backup file............. go figure

PS56K:
    The email worked fine for close to a year through all subscription downloads. I modified my receipt and invoice templates plus deleted some. After this the email function stopped working. Not sure if the two are connected.

Hopefully the email function will continue to work as it is very necessary to my business.
    Joe
  • dmh815
    dmh815 Member ✭✭
    Joe - I am having the exact same problem. Things worked great for a while. And just lately I am getting the same error message when I try to email an invoice to a customer. I've had to save the invoice to my computer and then send the invoice through my regular email program.
  • JoeFa
    JoeFa Member
    dmh815:
    I performed a backup to save all current data then loaded the back up file. This seems to correct the issue. This procedure seems to be the only good way - validate and repair process destroys some data.
  • phonedoc1
    phonedoc1 Member ✭✭✭
    Hello-  I'm having the same problem on release R31.8.  Response from Quicken is "Email sent successfully" but the recipient never receives the email.  My Quicken account is registered to a Yahoo email account so naturally, Quicken uses that email address in the "From Sender" field.  I discovered that, if I add and verify a different email address (NOT a Yahoo account) and use that address as the sender, it works fine with both PDF & Excel.  Don't know why that makes a difference but figured I would throw that into the mix.  Maybe someone who works "under the hood" at Quicken can investigate if it's some sort of a Yahoo issue.
  • phonedoc1
    phonedoc1 Member ✭✭✭
    See post above on 31 January 2021 @ 4:49PM.  Just found out that if I send from a different account as noted above and send it to my Yahoo account as the recipient, it never arrives.  It does NOT go into the Spam/Junk folder either.
    IMO - it's something to do with the way Yahoo treats the Quicken severs.  Wonder if Yahoo sees Quicken as spam and has them blacklisted.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yahoo email accounts don't work with Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • bdahl305
    bdahl305 Member ✭✭
    me too, latest quicken subscription on Premiere, windows. tried emailing me a report, said mail sent successfully, didn't receive it. using icloud email.
This discussion has been closed.