Importing QFX files from principal on two separate accounts into quicken

Options
catjo76
catjo76 Member ✭✭
edited January 2021 in Investing (Windows)
I have imported one QFX file successfully. i then want to import a second QFX file and have it appear as a different account, as it is a different account only from the same company... but the data is merged into the previous import. How can I import these and keep the two sets of data separate.

They both have accounts created and selecting them before the import does not help.

I tried renaming the file before import to the account name and that just gave me an error..

[fixed typo on title QXF->QFX]

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suspect the financial institution is using the same account identifier in both QFX files.  I suggest you contact the financial institution.

I can think of two approaches to work around the issue until the financial institution corrects their issue.  You may deactivate the Online Services of other account before you attempt to import an account or you can edit the QFX file of one of the accounts to provide a unique account identifier.  I prefer the later because it should enable you to discover when the financial institution has corrected the issue and the fix may be scripted.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suspect the financial institution is using the same account identifier in both QFX files.  I suggest you contact the financial institution.

I can think of two approaches to work around the issue until the financial institution corrects their issue.  You may deactivate the Online Services of other account before you attempt to import an account or you can edit the QFX file of one of the accounts to provide a unique account identifier.  I prefer the later because it should enable you to discover when the financial institution has corrected the issue and the fix may be scripted.
  • catjo76
    catjo76 Member ✭✭
    Options
    That worked thanks