Multiple Installs

Nolene
Nolene Member ✭✭
The FAQs say I can install Quicken on as many computers as needed in the same household and that each installation will be registered to my Quicken ID. Does each computer get its own data file or is it just that many devices can access the same data file?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @"Nolene ,

You can install Quicken on as many computers as needed within the same household. And each Quicken Data File needs to be registered with your Quicken ID and password.

Each Quicken Installation can access the same Quicken Data File, via Manual Backup and Restore.

Quicken for Windows can't read the Data File from the MAC Computer. And the MAC Computer can't read Windows Data File.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

Answers

• thecreator
    Answer ✓
    Hi @"Nolene ,

You can install Quicken on as many computers as needed within the same household. And each Quicken Data File needs to be registered with your Quicken ID and password.

Each Quicken Installation can access the same Quicken Data File, via Manual Backup and Restore.

Quicken for Windows can't read the Data File from the MAC Computer. And the MAC Computer can't read Windows Data File.

• Nolene
    Nolene Member ✭✭
    So if my husband and I have separate accounts and wanted separate files, we could do a multiple install and keep the data separate, as long as both files were registered with the same Quicken ID?
  • Nolene
    Nolene Member ✭✭
    I mean separate bank accounts, not separate Quicken accounts.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You can install Quicken on as many machines as you like and have as many Quicken data files as you like, all connected to the same Quicken Id, and the data files will all be separate with one exception.  If you sync a data file to Quicken Mobile/Web then anyone that has the Quicken Id/password will be able to view that data by using Quicken/Web mobile.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • thecreator
    Nolene said:
    So if my husband and I have separate accounts and wanted separate files, we could do a multiple install and keep the data separate, as long as both files were registered with the same Quicken ID?
    Hi @"Nolene ,

Exactly and what Chris stated as well.

This discussion has been closed.