error on multi year net worth reports

Net worth reports don't match account balances . Issue is net worth report i shows an account (bank one brokerage) with 41,551 balance that has been zeroed out since 2011. Reported as error on 1/17/21

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Set the end date on the net worth report to 8/1/2011 and note the account's balance.
    Now in the account, click on Holdings and set the As of date to 8/1/2011. Do the balances agree?

Now do the same for 8/3/11. Is the account really empty but the net worth shows $41K?

Also in the net worth report, do you have "No security (includes Cash)" selected as one of the securities? It will be messed up if not.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @leonard kearney

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  That is odd that you're having the account error from that long ago. If you wouldn't mind could we see exactly what it looks like in the report and error. I'll leave instructions below on how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note you may need to drag the photos into the response box so that you're able to add the photos. 

Once you get the chance let us know a bit more and we'll see what we can try. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• leonard kearney
    leonard kearney Member ✭✭✭
    this shows the networth report on top and the last transactions on the account in question
  • Jim_Harman
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Set the end date on the net worth report to 8/1/2011 and note the account's balance.
    Now in the account, click on Holdings and set the As of date to 8/1/2011. Do the balances agree?

Now do the same for 8/3/11. Is the account really empty but the net worth shows $41K?

Also in the net worth report, do you have "No security (includes Cash)" selected as one of the securities? It will be messed up if not.
  • leonard kearney
    close but not equal on 8/1/2011
  • leonard kearney
    on 8/3 51.67 difference

no security is selected
  • leonard kearney
    using 8/1/2013 negative balance increases
  • leonard kearney
    2014 (-104.17)
    2015 (-70.83)
    2016 -63.33
    2017 - 82.75
  • Jim_Harman
    In the Net Worth report, you can click on the gear at the top right to customize it and on the Display tab check Account Detail. For investing accounts, that will show the securities in the account and the balances for each. Perhaps that will explain the differences you are seeing.

Also please make sure your are running the Net Worth report accessed from the Reports > Net Worth and Balances menu. IIRC the report from the Property and Debt > Net Worth tab when you click on Net Worth Summary looks the same but is defective.

And one more thing to check: there have been reports that the Net Worth report sometimes gives different results when an interval is selected vs interval set to "None", i.e. it is just showing the value on the ending date. Is that the case here?
This discussion has been closed.