where are missing categories

Options
when a transaction has split categories, the category report doesn't show those transactions. how do I get them?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It does, actually. Are you using the old Category summary report, or one of the new reports like Transactions by Category? Either way, a category report shows each split line of a transaction under the proper category. (Note that it doesn't show the total transaction, only the individual split lines.) I just created a report for last year for my transactions at Home Depot and Lowe's, ones I almost always have with multiple splits. The category reports show each split, exactly as expected.

If you're not seeing this, please post some additional information, including what version of Quicken you're using, and what report in the reports menu you're using. If you can show via screenshot, or describe more in detail what you're seeing, maybe we can get to the bottom of it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It does, actually. Are you using the old Category summary report, or one of the new reports like Transactions by Category? Either way, a category report shows each split line of a transaction under the proper category. (Note that it doesn't show the total transaction, only the individual split lines.) I just created a report for last year for my transactions at Home Depot and Lowe's, ones I almost always have with multiple splits. The category reports show each split, exactly as expected.

If you're not seeing this, please post some additional information, including what version of Quicken you're using, and what report in the reports menu you're using. If you can show via screenshot, or describe more in detail what you're seeing, maybe we can get to the bottom of it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.