Report titles

Options
Art Kelly
Art Kelly Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Mac)
I use Quicken for Mac. I have two questions.
#1. Is there a way to change the names of the accounts appearing in the left column of the Quicken accounts page? At present what is presented is “Checking” and “Checking 2” which is not sufficient.
#2. Is there a way to add the organization’s name to the various reports pages? At present I just get an accounting by category but there is no identification of the organization.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    #1: Control-clcik on the amount in the left sidebar. A small menu will pop up. Select Rename and name the account whatever is meaningful to you. (I wish Quicken asked users to name their accounts when they created them, to avoid just such an issue.)

#2: I'm not sure what you mean by "the organization's name". Are you keeping books for an organization, and want that name on every report? Or are you talking about a report for a specific financial institution and want that name on the heading of the report?

In general, the only thing you have control over is the name of your reports. If this Quicken file is the bookkeeping for XYZ Homeowners Association, you could name every report with the group name first, e.g. "XYZ Homeowners Association Income & Expenses". It's a little unwieldy, but it will get the name of the organization into the report headings.

If that's not what you were looking for, please post back and clarify.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    #1: Control-clcik on the amount in the left sidebar. A small menu will pop up. Select Rename and name the account whatever is meaningful to you. (I wish Quicken asked users to name their accounts when they created them, to avoid just such an issue.)

#2: I'm not sure what you mean by "the organization's name". Are you keeping books for an organization, and want that name on every report? Or are you talking about a report for a specific financial institution and want that name on the heading of the report?

In general, the only thing you have control over is the name of your reports. If this Quicken file is the bookkeeping for XYZ Homeowners Association, you could name every report with the group name first, e.g. "XYZ Homeowners Association Income & Expenses". It's a little unwieldy, but it will get the name of the organization into the report headings.

If that's not what you were looking for, please post back and clarify.
  • Art Kelly
    Art Kelly Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the prompt response. The Control-click solution addressed my first issue. Respecting #2 I have taken on role of treasurer for a small non-profit. I would like to title my reports [e.g. Treasurer's Report, (org-name) I&E: January 2021].
  • jacobs
    Options
    So #2 is what I showed an example of above. You can make the report title whatever you want, as I showed. As a practical matter, you are probably limited to about 60-65 character which will ft on the page heading. To re-title a report -- assuming its not one of the "old" reports with a gray icon under Other Reports -- just open the report, click on the the, edit it as you wish, and click the blue Save button which pops up on the far right. 

which prints like this:

This discussion has been closed.