Scheduled Transaction group doesn't keep the transactions.

I have been using Quicken since 1994 so am very well versed in how to use it. I have ALWAYS used scheduled transaction groups to enter my 2xmonth paycheck and bills. I have 4 of them - 2 on the 15th, one each for a checking account (13 transactions) and a credit card (5 transactions), 2 each on the 31st for the same checking (8 transactions) and credit card. (5 transactions). When I reset up the groups, they are fine for 1 use and then blank out completely - meaning all of the transactions that were in the group are gone. I have been dealing with this issue since last spring. I had a phone call with Quicken support last summer - they told me to validate and repair my file - which I did and it had no errors. None of the updates have fixed this problem either. WHAT is going on - it is a royal pain for me to enter these transactions manually now. WHY ISNT THIS WORKING and HOW CAN I GET IT FIXED. This is not for online bill pay, just scheduled transaction groups.

Answers

• janice fisher
    janice fisher Member ✭✭
    I downloaded 4 transactions today and entered into the register. a few moments later all transactions were gone. I tried manually entering them but they would not save. Hope someone has a solution. Every year it's a new problem with Quicken.
  • nancymvy
    nancymvy Member
    Yes I have been battling this for 9 months and the one time I got on the phone their solution didn't work. Makes it incredibly inefficient.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @nancymvy

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and let us know what release of Quicken you are using. This can help isolate if an issue is related to a particular release.

There a few ongoing issues with the memorized payee list that are being worked on. Can you please confirm if you are syncing to the mobile/web app? To so please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Quicken Mobile & Cloud Accounts. 

If this is enabled, can you disable to sync to test if this clears up the issue?

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • janice fisher
    janice fisher Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Janice Fisher [Removed-Privacy]
    11:52 AM (16 minutes ago)
    to Quicken_Tyka

This is Janice Fisher responding

Quicken version is R31.8
    I am not syncing to mobile or web
    At Quicken mobile and cloud, syncing is not enabled
    Of 7 accounts, 2 will not allow downloaded transactions past the date of 12/31/2020. I cannot manually enter the transactions. When I try to enter manually, it appears to take it and then the transactions disappear into thin air.
    If a solution can be found I will manually have to enter all transactions for January 2021.

My subscription is paid up to January 7, 2022.

Thanks.
    Janice Fisher

Sent from my iPad Air
  • chdetrick
    chdetrick Member
    Hi, I am using Quicken Version R31.8 / Build 27.1.31.8 right now and I am having the same problem. For the last 6+ months my scheduled transaction groups keep losing the scheduled transactions. Every month I go through them and add the transactions back into each group. Then a couple days later I go back into Quicken and all the data in the transaction groups is gone. I have 5 transaction groups and two of them usually work and three of them lose the data all the time. Sometimes it is just part of the data and not all of it. What would cause a transaction to be removed from a transaction group on it's own. BTW, I have not made any changes to the transaction in the memorized transaction pages.
  • I am running the same version and have been having similar issues. Payees in my memorized payee list are coming forward without categories and also the transaction amounts are off by a minor amount (usually .01). Also, all of these transactions have been entered manually.
  • i would be happy if I could at least enter the transactions manually. The downloaded transactions disappear as soon as I hit "accept" button. My balance is off by hundreds. So frustrated.
  • nancymvy
    nancymvy Member
    I also am running Version R31.8. My memorized payee list is fine, it is my scheduled transaction groups that aren't working. As soon as I set them up and use them once (as I said in my initial post I have them running monthly) the next time I go to use them all the transactions within the group are gone. I do have SYNC enabled. Have turned it off and will check tomorrow if it works. Can't do anymore with it tonight.
  • nancymvy
    nancymvy Member
    So Quicken_Tyka I did all of the things you said, and ran multiple tests and yes, when I disable sync it did solve the problem, HOWEVER that does NOT solve the PROBLEM. So are you telling me my only choices are I can EITHER use scheduled transaction groups OR sync to the web? Not the answer I am looking for. What I WANT, and have paid for, is to do both. Please advise. This has been going on almost a year so is NOT a new problem.
  • Juli
    Juli Member
    I am having the exact same issue. I have spoken to customer service 3 times. None of the fixes work. What has to be done to fix this issue? Lots of precious time wasted reentering my groups and then they disappear. Just spent an hour with customer service and was informed it is not a program issue. If it is not, then why all the problems?
  • nancymvy
    nancymvy Member
    It most definitely IS a program issue - I think I just have to find different software to use. not willing to keep spending time re-doing these transactions every month only to lose them. UGH. Have been using since 1994 - why can't they get this fixled.
  • I wanted to reconcile a credit card account. The downloaded transactions were missing from the register. No transactions past 12/31/20.
    Went to the reconciliation page. All transactions were there. So I proceeded to reconcile the account. I hit "done" when everything was in order and went back to the account register. Guess what? No transactions were showing past 12/31/20! And this isn't a program problem?
  • PatrickS
    PatrickS Member
    edited May 2021
    [Removed-Rant/Unhelpful]
This discussion has been closed.