Unable to Download from Wells Fargo

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Problem in downloading from bank accounts on 1/22/2021.

Comments

• gaperillo
    gaperillo Member
    Options
    The financial institution I am using for Wells Fargo Bank to download Wells Fargo information is:Wells Fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr I am getting a message that Wells Fargo is not supporting this online banking nomenclature. I called Wells Fargo, they had no answer and suggested I call Quicken. Anyone have a solution
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @gaperillo

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I recall some people saying that this connection method was changed a while ago. I believe in this case what we can try is to deactivate and activate the accounts using the normal Wells Fargo connection method.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

From here we'll want to set up the accounts like they're new accounts. You can do so by clicking tools across the top and selecting add account. From here you'll want to select Wells Fargo and sign in. Also make sure to link your accounts to your existing ones as well once you get to the screen adding screen.

Once you've done this let us know if you're still having issues. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• KCN
    KCN Member
    Options
    Having same issue since downloading newest version. I've deactivated, closed out, opened and reactivated and still not able to download. Not happy with new udate.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @KCN

Thanks for letting us know. Are you receiving an error when you retry downloading or does it give no transactions but says it connected? It sounds like you've primarily had issues since the latest update so we'll need some more information to see what we're able to try to get you up and running. 

Once you get a chance please let us know more!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Kevin Stewart
    Options
    I also use Wells fargo. I am currently able to get my downloads using the standard wells fargo connection and not the *.scr version. However I have noticed that there is a delay. It can be up to a couple of weeks. recently I did a one step and when I went to reconcile I was off. However in looking at the items in quicken I knew several had hit the bank several days ago. I reconciled, then looked at the bank and the items had cleared the bank and were in my bank online register two days ago. However when I updated quicken they did not come across. In a couple of days they will show up in quicken and I just delete them. This is a glitch in my mind that needs fixing or if you have a solution pleas let me know.

All of my other online accounts seem to keep pace and update as things come in. Wells Fargo and Quicken have been a problem for the past several years. you would hope that quicken and "the largest American bank" could do better than a haphazard, at best, connection.

Kevin
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Kevin Stewart

Thank you for the response, I have a few more questions to help me further clarify what could be happeing.

First, what is the connection method being used? Please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

Are you receiving duplicate transactions or are you entering them manually and the downloaded transactions are then not matching?

Please let us know!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • BartS
    BartS Member
    Options
    I cannot get my existing Wells Fargo account register in Quicken to update. If I connect to Wells to download new transactions, it goes through the added security protocol of texting a PIN, but the only way I have found to actually download new transactions is into a new account register, which has a short history. It is using Quicken Connect without any problem, other than which account is updated in Quicken.
  • Tim Whitfield
    Tim Whitfield Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    [Removed - Rant/Disruptive]
This discussion has been closed.