Register window will not minimize to smaller window today

meeksdonna
meeksdonna Member ✭✭
Today my register window stopped minimizing to smaller window when I try to minimize.....it just disappeared from screen til I pulled it back up. How can this be fixed

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @meeksdonna  Could you perhaps clarify what you were trying to do? In macOS, clicking the yellow button in the upper left of a window is minimize, and clicking it moves the window to the Dock. It sounds like that's what happened when you said it disappeared; it was probably on the right side of your Dock.

To shrink the size of a window, you can click and drag an outside edge of the window to make it smaller or larger. There is a minimum size for Quicken's main window and for other windows, so when your drag stops shrinking, you've reached the limit.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • meeksdonna
    meeksdonna Member ✭✭
    Jacobs, your answer helped somewhat. I have been being able to click on green icon on upper left and it will minimize to a much smaller screen to work on however today I can no longer adjust
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm wondering whether you recently upgraded your Mac operating system? The green button is actually a "maximize" button in macOS. Clicking it will typically do one of two things, depending on the application: (a) toggle between enlarging the window to fill the entire screen and back to the former size, or (b) switching to full-screen mode with the window occupying the entire screen. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.