Account Locked Out

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Password Vault - Password "Not required".

Comments

• Roger Slack
    Roger Slack Member ✭✭
    Options
    Since October I've been getting locked out of my bank account because the login password is incorrect. If, after 3 times an incorrect password is provided, then they lock the account. This occurs 3-4 times/month every month since then. These attempted incorrect logins have not been initiated by me !!I I have spoken with the bank 5 to 6 times - they state that their records indicate that the login request is originated from my Quicken program. Quicken support states (4 to 5 times or more) that there is no program in Quicken that "automatically" will perform a login without it being initiated by me. I even allowed the "sharing" of my computer with Quicken support and had them direct me into changing or deleting of various info within my Quicken programs.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello @Roger Slack

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.
    We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.
    Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running.
    Also, what is the name of the financial institution that this issue is occurring with?
    Last, what type of account is the account in question? Is this a banking or investment account?
    Lastly, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.
    Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ron n Round Rock
    Ron n Round Rock Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Roger-

Sorry, this is a shot in the dark. But is Quicken "sure" the login attempts came from "your Quicken".

I have an incident with my daughter-in-laws account, fictitious name Mary - where someone else, I am sure accidently (mistyped or careless), tried to log in with a Mary ID, password failed because she was using the wrong account ID, and the account got locked.

This went on for several month - until my daughter-in-law changed her account name to Maryz - and she has never had a problem since.

Just a thought.

ron in shawnee
This discussion has been closed.