I can get all reports for our business except Balance Sheet summary

I have downloaded all reports needed for our accountant except balance sheet - can't make that happen - any ideas?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    nHi @FormalinC

Ca you tell us what happens when you try to produce the balance sheet?  Also which versions and builds of both Quicken and Windows are you running?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @FormalinC,

You should check the settings for the Balance Sheet report. 

1) Go to "Reports" > "Business > "Balance Sheet"
    2) Click on the "Gear" icon at the top right of the pop-up window;
    3) Click on the "Accounts" tab > and make sure that the accounts you want included are checked, while also making sure the accounts you don't want to appear are not checked.
    3) Change the "Date range" field (at the very top of this pop-up window to 12-31-2020 (or whatever other date you want)
    4) Click "OK" to close the pop-up window.

You should then review the Balance Sheet report to ensure that it displays what you want and doesn't include accounts or data that you don't want.  If it still needs adjustment - just go back to step one above and change whatever needs fixing.

Let me know if you have any followup questions and also how this works out.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    nHi @FormalinC

Ca you tell us what happens when you try to produce the balance sheet?  Also which versions and builds of both Quicken and Windows are you running?

Frankx

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Balance Sheet" is a business term ... and Quicken is a personal finance manager.  The counterpart personal report is called "Net Worth" and is available from the Reports menu.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually "Balance Sheet" is a standard report in Quicken Home & Business Rental Property.  See below.

Frankx

• Yes, I did see that - but when I click Balance Sheet, I get a LIST of ALL the cash/ savings accounts I have on Quicken. I need a Balance Sheet that shows liabilites and equity, aas of 12/31/20. ( It doesn't give me the specific details about Balance Sheet for my ONE business account. Thank you so much for helping me. )
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @FormalinC,

You should check the settings for the Balance Sheet report. 

1) Go to "Reports" > "Business > "Balance Sheet"
    2) Click on the "Gear" icon at the top right of the pop-up window;
    3) Click on the "Accounts" tab > and make sure that the accounts you want included are checked, while also making sure the accounts you don't want to appear are not checked.
    3) Change the "Date range" field (at the very top of this pop-up window to 12-31-2020 (or whatever other date you want)
    4) Click "OK" to close the pop-up window.

You should then review the Balance Sheet report to ensure that it displays what you want and doesn't include accounts or data that you don't want.  If it still needs adjustment - just go back to step one above and change whatever needs fixing.

Let me know if you have any followup questions and also how this works out.

Frankx

• YES YES YES YES - You are fantastic help - thank you so very much!!!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to help! Take care.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.