Cash-flow reporting

Options
How can I generate a report that shows transfers as cash-flow items? So, for example, I want to see a report that includes my monthly mortgage and student loan payments as cash flow line items, so I can understand my monthly cash-flow needs. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    First thing you need to do is go to the Advanced tab on the report customization and allow transfers to show up.  There might be quite a few showing up as "FROM (Account Name)" and "TO (Account Name)."  They show up that way because they are acting like "Categories", so then go to the Category tab under report customization and delete the Accounts you don't want to see.
    You may have to do some additional fine tuning under the Accounts tab too, depending on how you have things set up.
    Play around with it until you have the report you want to see, then save the report using a unique report name.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    First thing you need to do is go to the Advanced tab on the report customization and allow transfers to show up.  There might be quite a few showing up as "FROM (Account Name)" and "TO (Account Name)."  They show up that way because they are acting like "Categories", so then go to the Category tab under report customization and delete the Accounts you don't want to see.
    You may have to do some additional fine tuning under the Accounts tab too, depending on how you have things set up.
    Play around with it until you have the report you want to see, then save the report using a unique report name.
This discussion has been closed.