How to delete "everything else" in the income part of the budget?

I am using up to date Q version and Windows 10
Tagged:

Best Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can’t.  That is a catch all that has to be there
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Note on the question about "Everything Else".  There is in fact two answers to this.
    It is "you can't for the Graph View".  It is "Don't select the 'parent' category in the Annual view".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can’t.  That is a catch all that has to be there
  • Chiquito
    Chiquito Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Next question: Can I start a new budget from scratch? I have all the numbers I need for the categories I want to use. If I can, could you tell me how, please?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiquito said:
    Thanks. Next question: Can I start a new budget from scratch? I have all the numbers I need for the categories I want to use. If I can, could you tell me how, please?

You can find the "create new budget" option under the "Budget Actions" button.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Note on the question about "Everything Else".  There is in fact two answers to this.
    It is "you can't for the Graph View".  It is "Don't select the 'parent' category in the Annual view".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chiquito
    Chiquito Member ✭✭✭
    Here is what did:
    I erased all previous Budgets; then, started a brand new process creating a brand new budget and choosing the manual method of selecting categories and amount; Separately, I created an income and expense report for the previous year and from here I carefully chose each category and calculated the monthly budgeting amount which I entered on the annual budget January column. I then copied this amount to all the months of 2021 using the function offered at the top of the Jan column indicated by a little triangle. Voila!
    Thanks to all the previous suggestions. They were all helpful in coming to this solution. Hope this helps someone who is trying to do what I did. It might be frustrating at first but eventually it worked very well. Good luck
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW has the answer to this.  If you have subcategories Don't select the Parent Category.  If the subcategory has subcategories then the root or parent of that sub-sub category should not be selected.
  • Chiquito
    Chiquito Member ✭✭✭
    The unchecking of the parent category(ies) did not resolve the issue of Q reaching back and creating "Others" to capture everything else. The only way I found to create a clean new budget was 1) to delete all other budgets created in the past, 2) prepare an income and expense report, 3) create a brand new budget, and 4) enter the numbers in the new budget.
This discussion has been closed.