Can't connect to Quicken Loans on Quicken for Mac v. 6.1.1

Bob@63
Bob@63 Member ✭✭
Just upgraded to Q for Mac 6.1.1, and now can't connect to Quicken Loans. Checked password and email. Able to sign on to my Q-Loans account on Q-Loans website, but can't Direct Connect via Quicken as I have for past year. Disconnected and tried re-setting up via Direct Connect, but now can't get past the Setup screen (with blanks for User Name and Password and last 4 digits of SSN). Keeps asking, "Did you mistype your sign-in info?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Bob@63

Thank you for the response and the follow-up. Quicken Loans does not offer Direct Connect at this time, I am unsure of what the question was regarding, I apologize.

If you were wanting to learn more about the connection types in general I would recommend the following support article.

Bob@63 said:
    Hi, Tyka.

I wasn't clear with my first question. I've known for several years that Quicken Connect accounts "perform to design" when they report Last Update: "Today - 6:56 PM" and Details: "Connection Successful / 2 new transactions downloaded," despite no new downloads for several weeks.

I learned this more than three years ago when I migrated back to the Q-Mac platform from Quicken for Windows 2017.

My question is why? This seems an obvious design flaw and a relatively small matter to fix after more than three years.

I am unable to speak further on why decisions have been made for this to function this way, I am only aware of the current state of how this functions I apologize. You may consider navigating to Help > Report a Problem to provide feedback on this issue.

As for the results of the test file, I would recommend contacting support directly for assistance with reviewing the log files and in-depth troubleshooting.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Bob@63

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

To isolate this issue further, can you please provide the URL that you visit the view this mortgage account?

This information can help confirm the correct financial institution is being selected when connecting the account.

Also, as a test, do you get the same response if you select the (+) and attempt to add the account new? 

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Bob@63
    Bob@63 Member ✭✭
    Hi, Tyka. No worries; your response time was great. The immediate problem now is resolved. The issue was an incorrect password inadvertently placed in my password vault. Once corrected, I could re-enable automatic connections using Quicken's Direct Connect.

However, there is a related issue: When I do an update now, the Account Status window now reports "Last Connection Successful" for my Quicken Loans, but it also reports the Last Update as "Never." Also, it doesn't seem to download transactions, even after a "successful" connection.

Does Quicken Loans (RocketMortgage) support Quicken's application? (And I do understand they are now separate companies.)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Bob@63

Thank you for the response, and the additional details

Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage has always been a separate company. Quicken Inc. deals in personal finance management software and Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage offers loans.

As for supporting downloads, they do have an option in the bank list. Also, if a financial institution is unsupported there is typically an error message when connecting that would indicate this is the issue. 

I wanted to clarify a few pieces of information. First, the password vault is a feature of the Windows program, however, this post and version are for the Mac. Can you please confirm which product you are using?

Next, Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage does not offer Direct Connect, so I wanted to clarify how this account was connected.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Bob@63
    Bob@63 Member ✭✭
    Hi, Tyka. I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your note from Feb. 7. I've been offline for a couple of days. Let me answer your questions and clarify mine.

First, I'm using Quicken for Mac Premier v. 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100).

Second, when I mentioned my password vault, I was referring to Dashlane, the 3rd-party software I use to store my user names and passwords for financial and other online accounts and other services.

Now, as to my question, it focuses on the difference between Direct Connect and Quicken Connect. I currently maintain nearly a score of accounts of various types in my finance file, 11 of which connect online and are supposed to offer downloads, either via Direct Connect or Quicken Connect.

All of the Direct Connect accounts seem to work seamlessly and have done so for several years, as I've moved from version to version and even changed platforms from Q-Mac 2007 to Windows and finally back again to Mac (since the much-improved reintroduced Quicken for Macintosh in 2017.

Of my 11 accounts to which I can connect electronically to Quicken, nine use Direct Connect, and they work perfectly without any issue. However, the other two, for PayPal and Quicken Loans, utilize Quicken Connect. Those two accounts behave very differently, and aren't very useful as they currently work. Here is a screen shot of my Account Status dialog after a recent download:

There are two anomalies: 1) The PayPal account reports that the most recent connection was successful and that 2 new transactions were downloaded, while in fact the most recent two transactions were downloaded on January 19.
    2) The Quicken Loans account reports that the most recent connection was successful, but the Last Update is recorded as "Never." And it never downloads any transactions from Quicken Loans, even though the Loan Account properly enters the correct amounts of principal and interest each month, they are never matched to any downloads.

Is this operating as intended?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Bob@63

Thank you for the response and the additional details. As far as I know, the "2 new transactions" message you are receiving will remain the same if there have been no new transactions downloaded since those last transactions. Has the Paypal account had any activity since January 19th?

As for your issue with Quicken Loans, I would create a test file to see if you receive the same response.

To create a test file, please go to File > New > Start From Scratch.

Once in the test file please add the Quicken Loans account and see if you get the same response of "Never" in the test file.

Please let us know the results!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Bob@63
    Bob@63 Member ✭✭
    Hi, Tyka.

I wasn't clear with my first question. I've known for several years that Quicken Connect accounts "perform to design" when they report Last Update: "Today - 6:56 PM" and Details: "Connection Successful / 2 new transactions downloaded," despite no new downloads for several weeks.

I learned this more than three years ago when I migrated back to the Q-Mac platform from Quicken for Windows 2017.

My question is why? This seems an obvious design flaw and a relatively small matter to fix after more than three years.

As for the Quicken Loans account, yes, I created a test file. It returns the same message of "Never" for Last Update and reports no transactions downloaded. (See attached image.)
  • Bob@63
    Bob@63 Member ✭✭
    Hi, Tyka. I haven't heard from you in 10 days. Any updates on my questions about Direct Connect with Quicken Loans account transactions and the persistence of outdated download information with Quicken Connect accounts?

Thanks.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Bob@63

Thank you for the response and the follow-up. Quicken Loans does not offer Direct Connect at this time, I am unsure of what the question was regarding, I apologize.

If you were wanting to learn more about the connection types in general I would recommend the following support article.

Bob@63 said:
    Hi, Tyka.

I am unable to speak further on why decisions have been made for this to function this way, I am only aware of the current state of how this functions I apologize. You may consider navigating to Help > Report a Problem to provide feedback on this issue.

As for the results of the test file, I would recommend contacting support directly for assistance with reviewing the log files and in-depth troubleshooting.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.