Error code OL-221-A when trying to update Synchrony (Multiple FIs)

Options
124»

Answers

• AM
    AM Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    PayPal should find a bank that will do a more conscientious job of serving its customers and terminate its relationship with Synchrony Bank.
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Should include Sam's MC, Lowes Credit, and others. Hard to believe we have do edit the file to enter transactions.

> @freejamsociety said:
    > PayPal should find a bank that will do a more conscientious job of serving its customers and terminate its relationship with Synchrony Bank.
  • SMT2
    SMT2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @DLewis13

Synchrony/Sam's Club MC is available for Web Express Connect. During the setup, look for Sam's Club Personal Credit Acc..... See attached image.
  • SMT2
    SMT2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe Synchrony/Lowe's is also available. Just look for Lowe's Consumer Credit Card.
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Replied before. Cannot get to that part, only goes direct to Synchrony Bank. Even if I remove access and start from scratch.

> @SMT2 said:
    > @DLewis13
    >
    > Synchrony/Sam's Club MC is available for Web Express Connect. During the setup, look for Sam's Club Personal Credit Acc..... See attached image.
  • SMT2
    SMT2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @DLewis13

I am not sure what the issue is but I suspect the Financial Institution and/or Account Number may still hold on to old information during the Online Service setup process. I am hoping the attach images may help solve your problem.
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Absolutely correct. Once I removed account info along with deactivating download, I got the choice to search for Sam's MC, PayPal MC, Lowes Credit and ScoreRewards MC ( from Dick's Sporting Goods).
    All are now updated and working fine.

> @SMT2 said:
    > @DLewis13
    >
    > I am not sure what the issue is but I suspect the Financial Institution and/or Account Number may still hold on to old information during the Online Service setup process. I am hoping the attach images may help solve your problem.
    >
  • waynerth
    waynerth Member
    Options
    > @hopsonbiz said:
    ...<edited> When I talked to Quicken, she told me that the fix is to disable the download for that account in Quicken, then start to add a new account. Choose Sam's Club Credit, and enter your user id and password. It will connect to Synchrony and look for accounts. Then you tell it to link to an existing account, and pick your existing Sam's Club account in Quicken. The process of linking will correct the financial institution name, and voila! you can Web Connect! This may or may not work with other subcategories of Synchrony accounts.

This worked for me with Lowe's/Synchrony. I selected Lowe's Consumer from the list for new accounts and then linked to my existing acct in quicken. It downloaded properly. I previously had to manual download the qfx and edit the<DTSTART> etc.
  • movingelys
    movingelys Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @hopsonbiz said:
    > I had a great talk with one of the techies at Synchrony/Sam's Club who is specifically working on this problem. I then had a great talk with support at Quicken, and I have information to share!
    >
    > Synchrony is actively working on this issue. I found out today that, if you choose "Sam's Club Credit" (either personal or business), the file will Web Connect and there is no problem importing it into Quicken. The problem only occurs (at least for me) when logging into Sam's Club Credit website and initiating the download from there. People like me who have been downloading for years have a problem because you can't go in and correct the financial institution in Quicken, and I had chosen "Synchrony Bank Credit" instead of "Sam's Club Credit." When I talked to Quicken, she told me that the fix is to disable the download for that account in Quicken, then start to add a new account. Choose Sam's Club Credit, and enter your user id and password. It will connect to Synchrony and look for accounts. Then you tell it to link to an existing account, and pick your existing Sam's Club account in Quicken. The process of linking will correct the financial institution name, and voila! you can Web Connect! This may or may not work with other subcategories of Synchrony accounts.
    >
    > I hope this helps. Please let me know if I wasn't clear enough on any of this procedure.
    >
    > Terri
    >
    > P.S. I'm on subscription Quicken Premier.

Best piece of information in this thread. I have been manually downloading for years and recently editing the downloaded file to get it to work. This is GREAT!!!!
This discussion has been closed.