Quicken will not establish an account with Morgan Stanley

I have 15 separate accounts with Morgan Stanley; i recently upgraded to Quicken 2020, version R31.12. I successfully imported and established 13 of the accounts, but two accounts, both trusts, will not link. I am using the Add Account function in Quicken, to establish the connected account, but when I attempt to sign into Morgan Stanley to connect the account by clicking the "Connect" button, the cursor simply "loops". The account number turns blue but nothing happens. No error message occurs. I attempted to establish the account with a Morgan Stanley IT individual, who advised that he could see me attempting to establish the account, but there is nothing on the Morgan Stanley end preventing the account from being established. Morgan Stanley advises to contact Quicken. Again, no error message.
Thanks for any help.

Answers

• SLKynerdc
    SLKynerdc Member ✭✭
    Forgot to mention that i am running Windows 10, Version 20H2
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @SLKynerdc

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

To help me further investigate this issue, may I ask that you please create a test file. Please go to File > New Quicken File...

Once in the test file please attempt to add the Morgan Stanley accounts to this test file. Do experience the same issue in a test file?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • SLKynerdc
    SLKynerdc Member ✭✭
    Tyka:

I established the quicken test file, and the account DID download properly!

Do you have a suggestion as to what to clear on the primary file?

Thanks so much.

Stan
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @SLKynerdc

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results of the test file. I would next return to the original file and run the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • SLKynerdc
    SLKynerdc Member ✭✭
    Everything works properly now and both accounts were created and downloaded properly. Thanks so very much!
This discussion has been closed.