How to assign Money Market Fund to Cash

Options
How do I assign money market fund account to be treated as cash balance in the investment accounts

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    We cannot assign money market fund account to be treated as cash balance in the investment accounts.  We may track cash in the money market fund which means we enter buys and sells of money market fund shares or we track the cash as cash which means we don't enter buys and sells of money market fund shares.  Note: Some financial institutions will download the buys and sells of the money market funds shares while other's will not.  

If you want to track the cash as cash and the financial institution downloads the buys and sells of the money market funds shares, I suggest you delete the buys and sells of the money market fund shares and do not allow Quicken to enter placeholder transactions for the money market fund shares.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    We cannot assign money market fund account to be treated as cash balance in the investment accounts.  We may track cash in the money market fund which means we enter buys and sells of money market fund shares or we track the cash as cash which means we don't enter buys and sells of money market fund shares.  Note: Some financial institutions will download the buys and sells of the money market funds shares while other's will not.  

If you want to track the cash as cash and the financial institution downloads the buys and sells of the money market funds shares, I suggest you delete the buys and sells of the money market fund shares and do not allow Quicken to enter placeholder transactions for the money market fund shares.
  • RajM
    RajM Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, appreciate your quick answer.
This discussion has been closed.