Are Quicken for Windows and Quicken for MAC developed completely separately?

Randy
Randy Member ✭✭
I move my quicken file from PC to MAC version and they are so different it's like they were built by different companies. Are there plans to make them look and feel the same at anytime?

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Yes, they have had completely separate development. Quicken has stated that the goal is to eventually bring QMac into functional parity with QWin. That process is ongoing, but it will be a very long process (years). As for "look and feel", to an extent as functionality gets closer they will be more similar. But since Windows and Mac's look and feel are totally different, I would not expect QWin and QMac to end up looking and feeling the same.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Yes, they have had completely separate development. Quicken has stated that the goal is to eventually bring QMac into functional parity with QWin. That process is ongoing, but it will be a very long process (years). As for "look and feel", to an extent as functionality gets closer they will be more similar. But since Windows and Mac's look and feel are totally different, I would not expect QWin and QMac to end up looking and feeling the same.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Randy
    Randy Member ✭✭
    RickO, Thank you for your response. My father uses a Mac and I am a Windows user. I am trying to get get my father to use the automated features of Quicken but they are so different it's hard to relate. and it seems the Mac version is way behind the Windows version in features and ease of use. I am struggling with that.
    Thanks again.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Randy  You might be surprised to find that you can do much of what you're used to doing in Quicken Windows in Quicken Mac, but the exact way tot get there might be different. I'm a Mac-only user, but having read posts on this forum over the years, I know that there are both areas where Quicken Mac is easier to use than Quicken Windows, and areas where Quicken Mac lags behind Quicken Windows.

If you want to post something you do in Quicken Windows that you're not sure if it can be done, or if so how, in Quicken Mac, folks here will be happy to try to help provide answers.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.