Just installed R31.12 updates - Online Services not working.

Before today's updates, I was not able to "Update All" but I could still update each account one at a time. Now I can no longer even do that!

Best Answer

• WeeWillie
    WeeWillie Member
    Answer ✓
    QT,

If I were much, much younger, I would be looking to marry you by midnight!

Do you realize that just today, I spent over two hours on the phone with the Quicken support office at Fifth Third Bank. Their final response: "It's not us, call Quicken". I then called Quicken Support and talked for the better part of two hours and their answer: "It's not us, call Fifth Third." And all that is not to mention the almost two weeks I've been trying to get answers why, after updating Quicken on or about 1/26, it quit downloading. I've been told numerous different things to try and nothing has worked.

While the setup of the online accounts downloaded all the transactions and got me up to date, I still don't have the courage to try to update just one account. Or even scarier, to try "Update All". I'm going to sleep on that and try to find some courage under my pillow to try it in the morning.

Until then, your response has brought me the most hope of a final solution. I still have a lot of work to do to go back and cleanup the memorized payees, find out why my loan accounts aren't splitting principal and interest any more, and generally confirm the accuracy of the data and transaction entries.

But tonight I will sleep well... dreaming of your magically simple solution and trying not to get upset that I had to wait so long for a proper response from Quicken.

Good night and thank you so much!

Good Bless You!

WeeWillie

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just to clarify - what version ...... Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Windows 10, Quicken 2020, Version 31.2, Build 27.1.31.12
    It was working fine until 1/29/21 update, then:
    20210129 18:21:26: Initiate Complete ---- [Initializing Communication]
    20210129 18:38:07: CC Request Complete ---- [Authenticating with server]: Status/Error Code : 0
    20210129 18:49:59: CC Request Complete ---- [Initializing Communication]: Status/Error Code : 0
    20210129 18:52:47: Initiate Complete ---- [Getting financial institution information]
    20210129 18:53:35: CC Request Complete ---- [Initializing Communication]: Status/Error Code : 0
    20210202 11:51:58: Initiate Complete ---- [Authenticating with server]
    20210202 12:04:50: CC Request Complete ---- [Authenticating with server]: Status/Error Code : 67108866
    20210202 12:35:39: CC Request Complete ---- [Authenticating with server]: Status/Error Code : 67108866
    20210202 12:40:16: CC Request Complete ---- [Authenticating with server]: Status/Error Code : 67108866
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @WeeWillie

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

Are you able to successfully update if you update through register?
    1. Open the transaction register for the account that is not downloading.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.

Do you receive any error messages when attempting to update this way?

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @WeeWillie

Thank you for the response and for the additional details.

Can you please confirm Quicken Connection Channel? The steps to locate the channel are shown below.

Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken

You should see either QCS or FDS.  If you are on QCS, please select "Change Channel" once this is complete please update once more.

Do you get a different response once the channel has been changed?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR RESPONDING!
    I changed the channel to FDS and then did an "Update All" with these results:
    1. All Accounts updated except Fifth Third Bank - Error message the same as I have been getting for Fifth Third for the last few days CC-501
    2. I now have many duplicate transactions in these accounts. Since they are not the same dates (my current register sort although I have tried sorting by payee, account, and amount) and it is extremely difficult to find them but my ending balance is WAY OFF from the bank. Is there an available utility to find the duplicates?
    3. Finally, the update symbol at the top is still spinning and it will not let me close the program which has been the problem since I updated the program on or about 1/27/21. I have had to use Task Manager to close and then restart the program.

I could restore a backup data file from before 1/27 but is there a way to uninstall updates? Would I be better uninstalling the program and reinstalling although i tried this last weekend and had no affect on the problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @WeeWillie

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results of this test. We need to perform a few more steps to fully correct the issue.

I will need to follow the steps to change the connection method back to QCS. To do so, Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken.

Once there you will need to deactivate all of the accounts in the file. This is necessary to correct the QCS download method, so you do not experience downloaded issues in the future.

To deactivate the account, please see the information available here. To reactivate the account, we are going to act as if we are adding a new account to be able to link all of the accounts at once.

To begin this process, please select the (+) sign in the top left-hand corner. Then search for your financial institution and sign in.

You will then LINK the accounts found to the accounts in Quicken, be sure not to ADD the accounts or you will end up with duplicate accounts.

Please let me know if you still do not receive any transactions when downloading this will require additional steps to correct.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • WeeWillie
    WeeWillie Member
    Answer ✓
    QT,

If I were much, much younger, I would be looking to marry you by midnight!

Do you realize that just today, I spent over two hours on the phone with the Quicken support office at Fifth Third Bank. Their final response: "It's not us, call Quicken". I then called Quicken Support and talked for the better part of two hours and their answer: "It's not us, call Fifth Third." And all that is not to mention the almost two weeks I've been trying to get answers why, after updating Quicken on or about 1/26, it quit downloading. I've been told numerous different things to try and nothing has worked.

While the setup of the online accounts downloaded all the transactions and got me up to date, I still don't have the courage to try to update just one account. Or even scarier, to try "Update All". I'm going to sleep on that and try to find some courage under my pillow to try it in the morning.

Until then, your response has brought me the most hope of a final solution. I still have a lot of work to do to go back and cleanup the memorized payees, find out why my loan accounts aren't splitting principal and interest any more, and generally confirm the accuracy of the data and transaction entries.

But tonight I will sleep well... dreaming of your magically simple solution and trying not to get upset that I had to wait so long for a proper response from Quicken.

Good night and thank you so much!

Good Bless You!

WeeWillie
  • TQ,

I celebrated to soon.

This morning, not only does 'Update All' not work, I still can't even update the accounts one at a time.

Suggestions?

WeeWillie
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @WeeWillie

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Please respond to me via private message for further assistance.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • TQ,
    The requested files have been uploaded. Thanks!

The only financial institution affected is Fifth Third Bank. I just got off the phone with a Quicken employee at Fifth Third Bank who assured me (for the third time!) that there is nothing at Fifth Third blocking an update! Which only makes sense since I can deactivate online services for all my Fifth Third Accounts and the activate them again and as part of the activation, they download all current activity!

None of my other download accounts are affected; they all work fine. Just Fifth Third Bank.

Again, this problem started AFTER I updated Quicken sometime in the January 25th - 29th time frame and hasn't worked since.

The only response I've repeatedly received from Quicken is because it is an OL-393 error, "The problem is with the bank" No one has even been willing to look into it so I am deeply indebted for your efforts on my behalf.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello @WeeWillie

Thank you for the response. I just want to clarify the issue you are experiencing. Your original post states that you were experiencing issues updating that you could not update at all.

You then mention that you are receiving a CC- 501 error and now an OL-393 error. These errors are from different connection methods. Are you attempting to connect via Express Web Connect and Direct Connect in an attempt to make a connection?

To make sure that I am able to assist, can you please clarify the specific issue that you are needing assistance with as it now appears to be a different issue than your initial post.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I'M BACK!!! AND STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM - FIFTH THIRD BANK - OL-393! So far, I've talked to Quicken support four times, talked to the Quicken employee at Fifth Third Bank three times, submitted 3 Problems from within Quicken (not one has been answered or acknowledged). Then, in sheer desperation I dropped the $50 for premium support thinking I could talk to someone who could do more than just read from a script. What a mistake! The first kid I talked to said my data file was corrupt so I asked to set up a new file with just the Fifth Third accounts. Guess what - - new file same problem. Then he said he was "kicking it upstairs" and I would have a response within a day or two. That was 8 days ago - no response! Three days ago I called premium support again and talked to a lady more knowledgeable than the kid but all she could tell me was that my Quicken was fine - the problem was at the bank. This was the fourth time I was told the problem was at the bank while three times the Quicken employee at the bank said the everything was OK at the bank as it downloaded all transactions when I first set up the accounts in Quicken and that the problem was with my Quicken. Update NOW just DOES NOT WORK. It locks up Quicken and I have to use Windows Task Manager to close the program. So, except for Tyka's efforts here, all I get is finger pointing, no response from problems submitted, and after 25 years using Quicken, I'm ready to pull the plug and go somewhere else! The lack of customer support is BEYOND BELIEF.

Funny, everything was working great until I updated Quicken on or about 1/26/21. Ever since it has been a nightmare navigating through the complete void of customer service at Quicken!!!

Wee (and stilllllllllllll whining) Willie
  • Only makes sense - - the Office of the President, Mr. Dunn says "we want to hear from you". Except clicking on the message submit button does nothing!
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @WeeWillie

Where are you finding,,the Office of the President link to email him at?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• WeeWillie
    WeeWillie Member
    the creator,
    Took some digging but here it is: https://www.quicken.com/about-us At the bottom of the page.
    See if your submit button is activated - mine wasn't!
    WeeWillie
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The Browser I am using is Firefox Extended Support Release 78.8.0esr(32-bit).
    And as you stated, it is at the bottom of the page. I clicked on Submit and I got:

errors, because I had nothing to say.

Google Chrome also works in the same fashion. I am using my 32-Bit Build 21322.1000 Windows 10 Insider Preview version.

Try it, using one of the 2 Browsers and see what happens.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• WeeWillie
    WeeWillie Member
    the creator,
    I'm using Firefox 85.0.2 64 bit. I entered all the information but when I put my comments into the Description box, the "Submit" button went from blue to black - active to inactive and could not submit.

Doesn't really matter - I've given up on Quicken after 25+ years using it. I'm in the process of selecting an alternative platform to keep track of my finances. If they don't want to listen to my comments, they can listen to my "Cancellation"!
This discussion has been closed.