I have 2 securities that have no CUSIP ID in Q's security list - FENY and IVV -

csavard
csavard Member ✭✭
Every time I update, it shows a discrepancy with my financial institution (Fidelity). Is there a way to edit the I.D. without having to delete transactions, delete securities and reenter all?
Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @csavard

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering if we may be able to edit the security you're having issues with first to see if you don't have to change the transactions themselves. You can do so by going across the top to tools > security list. Choose one of the securities you're having issues with. Once you've done this on the left click on edit security and try adjusting the security to fit the correct one.  

Once you've tried this let us know if you're able to get your security working properly. If not we can take a look at the specific securities.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The CUSIP ID is provided by the financial institution when we download transactions. The CUSIP ID is assigned to a Quicken security when we match an online security to a Quicken security.   Quicken should prompt to match an online security to a Quicken security when the financial institution provides a security with a CUSIP ID that has not been assigned to a Quicken security.  If a Quicken security has been mismatched, we may uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window and the Quicken security will become available to be matched to an online security when Quicken next encounters an unmatched online security.
  • csavard
    csavard Member ✭✭
    Sounds like the solution "matched with online security" is greyed out). See enclosed png.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So - one security is FENY - what's the other one ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• csavard
    csavard Member ✭✭
    iShares Core S&P 500 ETF - IVV
  • csavard
    csavard Member ✭✭
    So much for my theory. I deleted all transactions for FENY. Then deleted the security itself. Then reentered the security along with activity. Still no CUSPID ID.
This discussion has been closed.