Online Setup Issue: Synchrony Financial

Karen Vierra
Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
re:  Quicken Deluxe R29.16 Windows 10

I would like to find out if Synchrony Financial @ the following url:  https://www.mysynchrony.com/ can be added to the list of Financial Institutions, so that I might be able to complete online setup.  The current url that's available is:  https://www.synchronybank.com/.  This isn't where the credit cards, (for example:  Synchrony CareCredit, Synchrony Home, or, Synchrony Sleep Number), are actually found. 

These cards, by the way, can be set up as Online Billers.

Does anyone else have this issue/question? 

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Karen Vierra

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. We're currently having issues with synchrony bank cards. We do have an alert out if you would like to follow it and it also has a subject if you would also like to submit your logs to help us with further tracking down the issue. The alert can be found down below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7881503/ongoing-09-29-2020-synchrony-bank-ol-221-invalid-ofx-error#latest

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Quicken Francisco,
    Thank you for your response.  The issue being addressed in the alert you're referring to is different than the question I'm posing.  But, I will keep an eye on that topic also.  I did submit my logs at the same time I made the post.  I hope it will help with the solution I'm looking for.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Karen Vierra

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are having trouble adding your Synchrony card

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here: 

what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-added-quicken

If your financial institution is still missing after updating the financial institution list 

Your bank may not yet support Quicken. If you want Quicken to be supported, you will need to contact your financial institution directly and tell them you'd like to download your accounts into Quicken.

Quicken does not have the ability to enroll financial institutions for transaction download.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.
  • John Campbell
    John Campbell Member ✭✭✭
    That's amazing! Not sure how you figured it out. I was able to link my Discount Tire Credit Card using this process (clicked on the Guitar Center Credit Card, haha). That's the good news. Bad news is that it shows the online balance from my charge back in Sep 2020 and none of the payments! (Actual balance is about $100, not $400) When I downloaded the transactions directly from Discount Tire, the online balance was the last payment. Seems like nothing I do will make the mysynchrony.com accounts play nice with Quicken. Oh, well.
This discussion has been closed.