Can I install more than one Quicken file on my computer

Options
I currently have Quicken 2017 (Windows) on my computer. I would like add another Quicken 2017 to my computer for security reasons, to keep information completely separate. Is this possible???

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken is just like any other computer program that uses a DATA FILE to store all your information.... just like with MS Word or MS Excel.
    You can just create another and different Quicken QDF file as you need, you can have several for whatever situations you need to keep track of.
    ... File --> New Quicken File
    [edit] also updated topic title to better reflect actual Q&A ...... computer -  --> file

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken is just like any other computer program that uses a DATA FILE to store all your information.... just like with MS Word or MS Excel.
    You can just create another and different Quicken QDF file as you need, you can have several for whatever situations you need to keep track of.
    ... File --> New Quicken File
    [edit] also updated topic title to better reflect actual Q&A ...... computer -  --> file

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To answer your question, NO, you can not install a second copy of Quicken for Windows on a computer.  Years ago it was possible, but they had to be different versions (year).
    Quicken data files are completely independent from each other so there is no need to have a second installation of Quicken on a computer.  While there is some global data, but it is limited to things like the recent file list but does not include any financial data or security information other Quicken Id registration information.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.