"To This Account's Cash Balance" Greyed Out?

I have an account in Quicken which is for tracking an investment account (529 plan). In the account are mutual funds, one of which was sold recently. The vendor (*cough* Scholarshare a.k.a. TIAA-CREF, *cough*) does not have their system set up to permit downloads to Quicken, so everything is entered manually. I went to this account to record the latest activity, and when I use the "Enter Transactions" interface, the option have the proceeds of the sale recorded to the account's cash balance is greyed out, and it is not possible to select it. I'm at a loss to understand why. I looked at the account details, and there is nothing I can see that looks amiss; I thought maybe I stupidly set it up as a single mutual fund investment account, but I can't see anything that confirms or precludes that. I just want to record an exchange to another of TIAA-CREF's tickerless untrackable mutual funds. Any idea if I am doing something wrong here, and if so, what?

Looking at the possible transactions menu, one is "Mutual Fund Name Change," which I have never used. Could it be a workaround?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Open the account and press Ctrl + Shift + E, choose No for Show cash in checking account and Single mutual fund account, and select OK.

Answers

• I should mention I am using the latest Quicken Windows release, whatever that is. Looking more closely, I notice that the name of the security in the transaction window is also fixed/greyed out, which probably means that I did, in fact, stupidly set this up as a single mutal fund account. Can this be edited or undone?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Open the account and press Ctrl + Shift + E, choose No for Show cash in checking account and Single mutual fund account, and select OK.
  • Brilliant, many thanks!