Sign change when downloaded data

pfcoach
pfcoach Member ✭✭
I have a Citi credit card account that I've downloaded successfully w/o problems for many years. All of sudden the download & existing transactions (previously posted) have had there signs changed; so that a charge decreases the balance and a deposit increases the balance. I can't find anyway to correct this on any edit features. Anyone else have a clue?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @pfcoach

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist. First, Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection method being used.

Next, what is the overall balance of your account? Is this a positive or negative balance? 

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • pfcoach
    pfcoach Member ✭✭
    Answer to your question: I am using automatic entry on to receive the download. The balance that showed in the account changed from negative to positive.

So I’ve gone a bit further in trying to remedy this problem. First, the Citi credit card account has operated fine until 2 days ago; then all the signs in the Quicken Amount column mysteriously flipped, i.e., the charges became deposits & the deposits became charges.

After not being able to find any actions in the menu to flip the signs back to the proper state & posting in the forum, I decided to start a new Citi account in Quicken. My first action was to copy transactions from the old account into the new account, hoping that would resolve the sign problem --- it did not. Then after erasing the (bad sign) transactions, I deactivated the old account & activated the new account. I then went into my Citi online account & downloaded transactions as far back as history went (two years) into the new Quicken Citi account. That worked and the signs & balance are correct! I then deleted the old Quicken Citi account.

If you or others have a different solution to this strange problem ---- seems like the specific Citi account in Quicken got a corruption in the program calculator moving form the amount column to balance.
This discussion has been closed.