New WellsFargo ID

How do I update my Wells Fargo ID in the Password Vault? Wells Fargo made me change my ID. When I go to the password vault to update with my new ID Quicken tells me it is not required. However since Quicken can't magically know my new ID the update keeps crashing.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to make that change by editing the account from the Account List (Tools menu).
    The Password Vault just shows it so that you know which password is next to it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• There was no option to change User ID. The only options were to Reset, which did nothing and Deactivate, which did exactly what you would suspect. I assume my only option now is to delete the account and set it up as new.
  • Thought I had it by updating one step update. But that approach required me re-enter both of my daughter's Discover Cards, my Wife's TRowe account, my Fidelity IRA and my Fidelity 401K. After all that, Wells Fargo still crashes on the update.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Hotmail Address

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like you may need to disconnect your Wells Fargo connection and reactivate it with the new credentials I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting 

Once you've done this see if you're still having similar issues. If you are please let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    I am coming to the conclusion that quicken quick pay is causing wells fargo to flag my account and telling me to change me ID. This has happened twice now. I opened a case with wells fargo to try and investigate what is happening further but wanted to give everyone a heads up on what I am experiencing
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

@driverjw

Thanks for letting us know the issues you're experiencing as well. Once you're able to get more information please let us know what you're able to find out and we'll go from there!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.