USAA Credit Card Account downloading duplicate entries

When I update my USAA account with one step, my BAC accounts update normal, USAA Checking and Loan update normal, but the Credit Card for USAA downloads duplicate transactions which have to be deleted manually before reconciling. This problem started after the last Quicken update and when USAA changed their Password requirements.

Answers

• Lowrie20
    Lowrie20 Member
    Same issue as well. This happens to all my accounts. I dont have timefor this
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @rcrosby54 and @Lowrie20,

Apparently, USAA has made some changes to its systems recently, which are causing Quicken to not be able to complete downloads, and/or causing transactions having the wrong sign (+ vs -), and/or repeatedly downloading the same transactions more than once.  There is another thread HERE that discusses these issues and provides some potential fixes, however they have not been successful for all users. 

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• rcrosby54
    rcrosby54 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, unfortunately the thread does not address the duplicate downloads. The other issues I corrected (PW & New USAA) sometime ago and am no longer having that issue. The duplicate downloads seems to be the pain in the side.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    rcrosby54 said:
    Thank you, unfortunately the thread does not address the duplicate downloads.
    It depends on what those duplicate transactions are.
    What it does address (if you read enough of that thread) is that Quicken is sending pending transactions when it shouldn't (sometimes with the wrong sign).  Then later when the transactions actually post, they send them again with a different unique Id.

So these transactions are "duplicated".  If you turn on the Downloaded Id and Downloaded posting date those columns can give you more insight into what is happening.

And if you have a different scenario of how duplicate transactions are happening it would be useful to know exactly what is being duplicated.

Also note, that if you are using Express Web Connect instead of Direct Connect, stating that can help a lot to determine what is going on.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rcrosby54
    rcrosby54 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, this is very helpful!
  • TomSHEB
    TomSHEB Member ✭✭
    As of this morning, I continue to see duplicate transactions in my credit card account. About a week ago I sent a secure message to USAA. One of their folks from the CEO's office called me. I went over the various issues we are seeing. I suggested their tech team reach out to Quicken and review our comments on the community site if they haven't done so already. He promised an update and as of today, I haven't heard from him. I will put out another message to USAA today and advise them on the duplicate transactions.
  • rcrosby54
    rcrosby54 Member ✭✭
    This morning, For the first time in weeks, only new transactions were down loaded when I updated, keeping my fingers crossed that the fix is in! Thank you TomSHEB for the follow Up.
  • JOELD
    JOELD Member ✭✭
    The duplicate download issue is still happening for me with USAA accounts. It seems to be if I download and reconcile twice within a 24hr period. For example if I download and reconcile late one afternoon and then do it again first thing the next morning, it will re-download the previous days downloads that have to be manually deleted. What a pain. Hope it gets resolved soon.
  • peejdu
    peejdu Member ✭✭
    I am having a similar (same?) duplicate entries issue with USAA. With USAA only, not other banks. And it doesn't matter how often - a single update might include the pending AND the actual transaction, so I need to comb through each entry to eliminate doubles. Yuk!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JOELD and @peejdu

Those duplicates (as noted above) are being caused by USAA and until they fix their issues, you can expect those duplicates to continue.  Unfortunately there is nothing that Quicken can to to fix the data that USAA pushes out.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Richard Troy
    Richard Troy Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue here with USAA, starting shortly after the login changes last month. Restored from a backup prior to the issue, but duplicates started again a few days later.
  • SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    it is still happening as of March 3. This is awful.
  • Jackied51
    Jackied51 Member
    March 4. Still happening to me. USAA says it has to be fixed by Quicken. I don't believe that.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jackied51 said:
    March 4. Still happening to me. USAA says it has to be fixed by Quicken. I don't believe that.
    That's good you don't believe it, because you are right, only USAA can fix this problem.  Quicken can't choose to ignore the data that USAA sends it.
    Signature:
  • rcrosby54
    rcrosby54 Member ✭✭
    To me it does not seem that either Quicken or USAA care to fix it. Given the number of Quicken users that are having the problem you would think Quicken would contact USAA or USAA contact quicken to fix it or at least identify the issue. This finger pointing helps no one. I know that in another week or so, I am just going to switch to my BAC card and the heck with USAA.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    rcrosby54 said:
    To me it does not seem that either Quicken or USAA care to fix it. Given the number of Quicken users that are having the problem you would think Quicken would contact USAA or USAA contact quicken to fix it or at least identify the issue. 
    There isn't any possible way that hasn't happened (that they haven't contacted each other).  No you aren't going to see a posting with that conversation, but it certainly has happened.

But what is Quicken Inc suppose to do?
    I can clearly show that every one of these problems with maybe the exception of syncing through Quicken Mobile/Web (which might be both a Quicken Inc and USAA problem because it seems their log in API has changed/doesn't work), are all caused by the data that USAA is sending.  It is all there in the OFX log, which is a log of what Quicken sends, and what USAA responds with.

Identifying the issues is easy, evidentially fixing it for USAA isn't.  Either because of technical reasons or because that they are more concerned about other things.  I think it is a bit of both.  Quicken users think that they are the huge force with the financial institutions, but are most likely a drop in the bucket to them.  And it is clear that USAA is in the process of a major rolling out of their new system.  So where Quicken problems fall in all of this is hard to say.

Note that even if Quicken Inc wasn't talking to USAA (not true) the users are.
    I think you might find this post interesting:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20160949/#Comment_20160949
    Signature:
  • rcrosby54
    rcrosby54 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Chris, Does not seem we are any closer to resolving the issue though. Would be nice to get an acknowledgment from either Quicken or USAA that they are aware of the problem and working on it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @rcrosby54 Agreed.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    For what it worth, on another thread, a Quicken moderator recently responded:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20161999/#Comment_20161999

EDIT:  Note that is a Mac thread.
    Signature:
  • msam1
    msam1 Member
    Just sent USAA's Bonney an email. I too, have submitted an inquiry to USAA as well as secure messages and have never receive a response. It is very bad form to not acknowledge the problem and update their members.
  • Richard Lamb
    Richard Lamb Member ✭✭
    The Quicken duplicate downloads continue for my as of April 18, 2021. I'm using Mac version.
  • NV-VT
    NV-VT Member ✭✭
    This issue has just started with my USAA credit card account May 4, 2021
  • kampr
    kampr Member
    Our Quicken for Mac subscription is still downloading duplicate transactions into our checking account. Happened throughout March and April. When will Quicken and USAA work this out?
This discussion has been closed.