How do I set categories to be in a collapsed state at all times?

Options
When opening my budget or checking accounts, all categories are expanded, displaying all sub-categories.

Currently, this requires collapsing all of them every time I open these pages to see just the categories, and then I choose the category I want to expand.

Is this possible?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @LRL I'm not clear what screen or function you're talking about.

When you open you checking account, the register shows transactions, not categories.

If you're entering a transaction, and click in the Category field, the pop-up list of categories you see is collapsed, with sub-categories available via pull-out arrows:

Are you talking about a Report? If so, you can collapse things as much as you want and save the report; it will retain the collapsed levels you created.

Budgets, on the other hand, do not yet save the expand/collapse settings that were added to reports last year. I don't know of a way to save them with categories collapsed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @LRL I'm not clear what screen or function you're talking about.

When you open you checking account, the register shows transactions, not categories.

If you're entering a transaction, and click in the Category field, the pop-up list of categories you see is collapsed, with sub-categories available via pull-out arrows:

Are you talking about a Report? If so, you can collapse things as much as you want and save the report; it will retain the collapsed levels you created.

Budgets, on the other hand, do not yet save the expand/collapse settings that were added to reports last year. I don't know of a way to save them with categories collapsed.
  • LRL
    LRL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Good afternoon Jacobs,

My apologies, but I meant the categories on the budget and the "select categories" popup window, as well.

You answered my question. Thank you very much.

Well, maybe the developers will add the ability to collapse categories soon.
  • jacobs
    Options
    I'd suggest you create this as an Idea post in the Product Ideas - Mac section of this forum, so other users can vote for it and potentially push the idea in front of the developers. 
This discussion has been closed.