Is there a way to copy/paste portions of a transaction?

I would like to be able to copy and paste between transactions--but not the whole transaction. Most helpful would be to be able to copy the split lines of a recurring entry--i.e. not have to enter them over and over again. Example: A monthly retirement check with the same deductions taken each month. I've tried, but can't find a way. Thanks for any help.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you consider using a reminder or memorized payee for recurring entry.  It's a bit easier than copying and pasting between split transactions.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JSullG,

Have you tried to memorize that transaction?  By memorizing the transaction, you can then "recall" it at any future time and only edit the fields that need changing.  All you need to do is to "right-click" on any transaction and then select "memorize payee" and the transaction will be added to a "memorized payee" list/file.  Then you can recall it anytime by simply typing the same "payee" name in the "Payee" field and ll the information from the memorized transaction will be recalled.  If any of that data needs to be changed/edited - simply tab to the field and edit the information.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JSullG
    JSullG Member ✭✭
    Hello,
    Memorized payee sounds like it might be the thing to do. The transaction gets downloaded from the bank,. I have other ones momroized that have single categories listed. I hadn't realized I could do it with a split transaction. I'll try that. Many thanks--to you both--Frankx and Sherlock. ....JSullG