Categories not added on downloaded transactions

Options
For a number of years I have manually imported my bank transactions into Quicken.  Most of the transactions have been assigned categories by Quicken and for CC payments I am asked if they refer to the payment in the CC account.  In the latest input, none of the transactions were assigned categories and the CC payments were not flagged.  I haven't done anything differently than I did last year.  Is there any way to get quicken to recognize the transactions and assign categories without manuall going through each transaction and similarly get Quicken to pair the bank payment with the CC payment.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

If you are manually importing QFX files (aka Web Connect), I suggest you check the relevant preference settings: select Edit > Preferences...

• martin melnick
    Options
    I am using the Starter edition.  That is a change from last year when I used the Deluxe edition.

I checked under Preferences and the items that you show are checked.  Is there any way to have categories checked for transactions already downloaded?  I'd prefer not having to assign a category to each transaction.  I also have a number of CC payments from my bank account and need to pair them up which was automatically done before.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @""martin melnick" ,

Don't know why you downloaded when during the Year, the Deluxe Version becomes less expensive than the Starter Edition.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am using the Starter edition.  That is a change from last year when I used the Deluxe edition.

I checked under Preferences and the items that you show are checked.  Is there any way to have categories checked for transactions already downloaded?  I'd prefer not having to assign a category to each transaction.  I also have a number of CC payments from my bank account and need to pair them up which was automatically done before.

Assuming you are using version R31.12 and manually importing QFX files (aka Web Connect), I suggest you rebuild the Memorized Payee Listhttps://www.quicken.com/support/error-memorized-transaction-list-full-or-memorized-transactions-stop-working

Once the transactions have been imported, we cannot coerce Quicken into reprocessing the transactions.  What we can do is either restore a backup saved before the transactions were imported or import the transactions into a different register.

This discussion has been closed.