When I try to add a Venmo or Coinbase Account, I get a Quicken Server error.

Error Message: We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time. Do not contact Venmo for assistance. they cannot fix the problem. Please try again in a few hours. thank you for your patience! I have been trying every few days and am out of patience.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Ryan T,

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems trying to connect with Venmo.   I suggest that you contact Quicken support vis this LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @WernerK,

Unfortunately Quicken does not currently support Coinbase.

As far as Venmo is concerned, you should be able to connect a Venmo account as a checking or savings type account.  If you are trying to connect a Venmo credit card, you probably need to connect it as a "Synchrony" account.  Try searching on Synchrony or Synchrony Bank.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankx said:
    Hi @WernerK,

Unfortunately Quicken does not currently support Coinbase.
    Coinbase is a software platform,  NOT a Financial Institution.  Thus, Coinbase can't utilize Quicken.
    Additionally, only those Financial Institutions that have signed a contract with Quicken/Intuit can  provide interfaces from such FI into Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• WernerK
    WernerK Member ✭✭
    Ok. If Quicken does not support Coinbase, it should not come up as an option in Add an Account and ask for your account and password. It is misleading. I do understand that Coinbase is not technically a financial institution, but I have assets and transactions on the platform and it would be nice to track them in Quicken, and have the prices update, just like a brokerage account. I am not trying to add a Venmo credit card. I can see from posts that Venmo does appear to be supported, but the error message I get is not helpful either. It tells me essentially that it is not a Venmo problem, and that Quicken is not working either. If the Quicken server is not responding, is it ever going to respond? Is Quicken aware of it? Do they care? Guess I will have to manually enter. Thanks for responding.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @WernerK,

WernerK said:
    Ok. If Quicken does not support Coinbase, it should not come up as an option in Add an Account and ask for your account and password.
    I agree with your comment that Coinbase should not appear as an option in the "Add Account" routine.  It appears there because it is erroneously included in the FIDIR (the list of financial institutions that Quicken is able to connect with) but that listing is erroneous with respect to Coinbase.  Hopefully, sometime soon, Quicken will update that list to remove Coinbase.

Since you are trying to connect a Venmo account (rather than a Venmo credit card) but you are getting a "try again later" message, I suggest that you wait a couple of days and try again, since that message indicates a temporary problem.

Let me know if you have any additional followup questions.  If, after a few days, you continue not to be able to connect the Venmo account, I would suggest that you contact Quicken support vis this LINK.

Frankx

• Ryan T
    Ryan T Member
    I am having the same issue with Venmo. Said try again in a few days at the end of February. I just tried again to sync my Venmo payments on 3/8/2021. No luck and the same "try again" error. Please advise
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Ryan T,

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems trying to connect with Venmo.   I suggest that you contact Quicken support vis this LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• Miami404
    Miami404 Member
    So does Quicken has any intention of supporting coinbase? I thought the point of having a subscription would be you always have the latest & greatest, or is it just a way of collecting more revenue?