Capital One Credit Card Doesn't Update

:( Capital One CC doesn't update in One Step Update when I update all accounts. When I notice that a few days have gone by with no new transactions I go to One Step Update and update only the Capital One account. I then get the missing transactions. I used to be able to get the transactions for all accounts at one time. All other accounts update normally. :(

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue to the Community, although I apologize that you continue to experience trouble downloading from Capital One.

If you have not done so already, please contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting and a review of the log files to determine the cause of the
    error.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support can perform in-depth troubleshooting as well as create a help ticket this will help gauge the impact an issue is having and help get the problem investigated further.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• oelissa
    oelissa Member ✭✭
    Having similar problem with Capital One 360 account and credit card account. Tried to disconnect and reconnect to re-authorize the accounts twice, still not working and the online balances are incorrect.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello @georgeborton and @oelissa

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running.

When you attempt to update using One Step Update, what happens? Do you receive any error message for Capital One? 

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • kevinp
    kevinp Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with Capital One. No transactions downloaded since Feb 6, even though I have made several.

I filed a Problem Report using the Quicken Tool. Today, one transaction has been downloaded from Feb 11. The other transactions made between Feb 6 and Feb 11 are still not downloaded.

I am using Quicken Windows R31.12

In general, transaction download has been flaky and unreliable since Jan 2021.
  • I'm using release Version R31.12, Build 27.1.31.12.

When I use One Step Update, all my accounts show they are updating. Lately my Cap One account has periodically not updated for several days. There is no error message. I only got suspicious after a few days with nothing downloading. I then went to the menu One Step Update and selected only the Cap One account. Transactions then downloaded. This has happened three times recently but I can't pick an exact time that it started. It only happens with Capital One. And the worst part is that it doesn't happen every time.

Also as a point of interest in the email I received it says to reply directly to this email or follow the link to the question. The return address on the email is a noreply address.
  • RonM
    RonM Member
    Related problem, I think. After I noticed Capital One accounts were no longer updating, I deactivated online download, and attempted to reactivate it. I get to the point where I am to log in, but it terminates with the message: Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) I've been trying to reactivate the account for several days. Interestingly, it shows me trying to activate the account for Capital One Bank - New. I'm using Quicken Windows R31.12 Build 27.1.31.12.
  • VOWuser1
    VOWuser1 Member
    Related problem. Capital One account will not update. All other accounts update. Error is CC-501. Running 2020 R31.12, build 27.1.31.12. I can log in directly to Capital One. Suspect the problem is with Quicken. Hope this can be resolved prior to subscription running out - may not renew.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @VOWuser1

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

A "501" error will also require you to contact Quicken support for a review of the log files for a possible escalation to resolve.

When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I never got an error message which is also concerning.
  • RLR57
    RLR57 Member ✭✭
    Same here. Issues with Capital one accounts. Also get message "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) "
  • michroar
    michroar Member ✭✭
    Same issue. Can't update / connect to Capital One. Just says "we encountered an error. It's not your fault." It finds my accounts but can't seem to connect to them.
  • SuSaNeW
    SuSaNeW Member ✭✭
    Experiencing same problem with two Capital One credit card accounts. Both accounts are not updating during One Step Update. When I go to each account individually and request an update, no new transactions download. I'm missing transactions on both accounts from February 3-12. No error message is provided. The update appears to run like it should but nothing new is downloaded. I just discovered the same thing is happening with a Citibank Mastercard account. I am running Quicken-Premier for Windows, Version R31.12, Build 27.1.31.12.
  • SuSaNeW
    SuSaNeW Member ✭✭
    Also I have tried deactivating and reactivating the online setup of these accounts. But this has not resolved the problem.
  • Bill Krauss
    Bill Krauss Member ✭✭
    Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble downloading or setting up an account on Capital One Card Services? I haven't been able to download for a while. I deactivated the account with the intention of reactivating because this has worked before; but, no success.
    Before I start engaging Quicken Support, I'm trying to find out if this is just me or more widespread.
  • Bill Krauss
    Bill Krauss Member ✭✭
    Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble downloading or setting up an account on Capital One Card Services? I haven't been able to download for a while. I deactivated the account with the intention of reactivating because this has worked before; but, no success.
    Before I start engaging Quicken Support, I'm trying to find out if this is just me or more widespread.

Thanks in advance.
  • Dcchief
    Dcchief Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Yes it just says it has been added but does not update
  • Bill Krauss
    Bill Krauss Member ✭✭
    Mine is a little different. Just won't let me even sign in at the capital one site.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue to the Community, although I apologize that you continue to experience trouble downloading from Capital One.

If you have not done so already, please contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting and a review of the log files to determine the cause of the
    error.

Support can perform in-depth troubleshooting as well as create a help ticket this will help gauge the impact an issue is having and help get the problem investigated further.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Bill Krauss
    Bill Krauss Member ✭✭
    Has anybody resolved this? Thanks,
  • duhmel555
    duhmel555 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    [Removed - Disruptive/Rant]
This discussion has been closed.