Expired Membership Download

My membership expired Feb 13th 2021. I am not sure if I want to renew. I still like to use my version and have access to years of data. I went through steps to download a patch. It didn't change my Quicken file. I can not perform any actions. It says I have to renew to continue to use file. I spent about 2 hours with tech several days ago and they were only able to fix it which lasted one day.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @DR1222,

Which version of Quicken are you running? It sounds like it may be using the Starter edition, which means that it will not be functional until if & when you re-up your subscription.

Sorry.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @DR1222,

Which version of Quicken are you running? It sounds like it may be using the Starter edition, which means that it will not be functional until if & when you re-up your subscription.

Sorry.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• DR1222
    DR1222 Member
    Yes it is the Starter Version. Interesting the two Quicken techs I was working with never brought that up. I spent quite a bit of time with them trouble shooting and giving temporary fixes. Thanks for that insight...I won't keeping beating a dead horse trying to solve this.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Starter edition becomes read-only on the subscription expiring.  The Deluxe and above keep working, but with about 25% of the window taken up by an ad to renew.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.